Win Total Predictions

How many wins does Tech get this season?

• Total voters

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I find it hard to believe that Wake and Cuse are that much better than us. Not saying we will beat them, but are they really that good compared to us?

I don’t know that’s they are THAT much better than us, but I’d definitely slot Wake as a better team (right now) and Cuse as a near peer. We have more talent but it’s a lot more raw than theirs. We are the product of 3.5 years of dismal coaching. Gonna take a season to wash the stink off of us.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll stick with my revised 5-7 up from 4-8 after week 1. But 4-8 is more likely than 6-6. It still looks like the projections are roughly 4.5-7.5

We’re favored in 3 remaining games: BG, BC and UVA. Wake Forest looks like our most winnable game where we’re an underdog.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m probably wrong, but I feel like we have lost two close games to two very good teams. I don’t think the ACC schedule is all that tough. Clemson is down and they are the best team left in conference for us. UNC has some issues as well.

I would be surprised if Ole Miss doesn’t blow out Alabama next week.

I see a much better football team than last season playing for us right now.

Defense? Yeah, but the two losses were against offensive powerhouses and we had a chance to win.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know that’s they are THAT much better than us, but I’d definitely slot Wake as a better team (right now) and Cuse as a near peer. We have more talent but it’s a lot more raw than theirs. We are the product of 3.5 years of dismal coaching. Gonna take a season to wash the stink off of us.
Just where is the talent on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone playing defense looks at best average to me. Who are the playmakers or difference makers on defense?

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Louisville and Ole Miss are both very good on the offensive side of the ball. We held Mississippi to 24 points late in the fourth quarter. Then the wheels fell off? They are better than UNC, Clemson, and Miami. I still think we are better than we think. Defensive standouts will emerge, I hope!!!!

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The offense was the best defense for GT yesterday. Hold TOP and make long drives. They weren’t quite good enough to do it every single time and Ole Miss took advantage of everything, especially when handed good field position.

I just don’t think Wake is as good as Ole Miss defensively at keeping GT out of the end zone, or as good offensively to convert almost every opportunity.

But the defense seems very momentum-prone this year so I think getting at least one stop or held to FG early PLUS enough offense to get an early lead will be key. The offense hasn’t been drying out for an entire half like it did against Louisville in the last couple of weeks, so if they can get a lead I like the chances a lot.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just where is the talent on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone playing defense looks at best average to me. Who are the playmakers or difference makers on defense?
Where are the turnovers? Not happening so far. Need some to help our D. It's one reason our D has been bad.
QB escapes the last two games are worrisome. Dart had over 100 yards rushing. Where were the LB's.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Where are the turnovers? Not happening so far. Need some to help our D. It's one reason our D has been bad.
QB escapes the last two games are worrisome. Dart had over 100 yards rushing. Where were the LB's.
Short answer - not there. What makes any of us believe after 3 games things will change on defense? I haven't seen anything yet!