Win Total Predictions

How many wins does Tech get this season?

• Total voters

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
Haven't had time to plug in any of the updated SP+ numbers, but did see that we were bumped up a couple of points. As pointed out by several fonts, the key to 6 wins and a bowl is the Syracuse game. If the game were played tomorrow, I would guess that Syracuse would open a 5/6 point favorite at BDS. Very winnable, but not a given. Also of note is that our overall pass block grade for the Wake game from PFF was a 94.3, which is freaking awesome!

slugboy

Staff member
Haven't had time to plug in any of the updated SP+ numbers, but did see that we were bumped up a couple of points. As pointed out by several fonts, the key to 6 wins and a bowl is the Syracuse game. If the game were played tomorrow, I would guess that Syracuse would open a 5/6 point favorite at BDS. Very winnable, but not a given. Also of note is that our overall pass block grade for the Wake game from PFF was a 94.3, which is freaking awesome!
We need to figure out the run blocking though. If Miami does the same thing to our run game that WF did, their secondary is better and we don’t want to be one dimensional against Miami.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Brent Key is why the OL is good but it didn’t really show until he became HC. He’s got the team thinking they can win when they hit the field. What I like about this Ga Tech team is we’re only going to keep getting better. That was a huge win for the team Saturday and make no mistake, we got some more business to take care of. After this season we’ll recruit better and we should do better in the portal. Just keep winning and good things happen…Brent Key knows this! I told y’all Brent Key hit it out of the park getting King to Ga Tech this dude can play.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
King is not only a good QB, he's a gamer ... we haven't had one of these for a while.
I love King, and what he's been doing. He's definitely a gamer and a difference maker.

But an interesting thing - I disagree with the second half of your statement. I think Zach Pyron is also a gamer, and we saw that last year in all the games in which he played and started. If he hadn't gone down with an injury, and had the remaining games' body of work to show for it, I'm not sure King would have transferred here. And that might have been okay. It's telling that the QB decision came down to the wire in camp this summer.

All of which is to say, I think we for the first time in a long time find ourselves in the enviable position of having two ready-for-action QBs, who are more than serviceable - each is a difference maker. I sure hope we don't need to fall back on Pyron if King has an injury, but I'd be much more confident starting him if we had to than any of the backups (and many of the starters) over the previous 4 years. That's awesome.

This makes me think back to the Jalen Hurts/Tua situation at Alabama. I sure hope King stays healthy and continues to improve, and I sure hope we can keep Pyron, and that he's patient and ultimately gets a shot to ball out.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Way early Week 4 Bowl predictions. We're IN!!! :)

Dec. 22Gasparilla team logo
Georgia Tech
vs.
team logo
South Alabama
ACC/SEC vs. Pool6:30 p.m.Tampa, Fla.
I would go to that! Haven't seen GT in tampa since a volleyball match earlier this year.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Been at 4 the whole time. From what I saw today I could easily see us getting skunked the rest of the way. I hope that’s not the case, but to get pushed around and embarrassed by Bowling Green? Sheesh!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Nope, after what I have seen this season, from the lousy fan support to the creeping apathy to the downright worst defense in all of college football. We will be lucky to win 1 more game.

Yesterday was the very first time, I ever thought, that maybe there was something to all those people who said we should drop down a level, focus on academics and be who we are.

It's brutal being a GT Fan.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Nope, after what I have seen this season, from the lousy fan support to the creeping apathy to the downright worst defense in all of college football. We will be lucky to win 1 more game.

Yesterday was the very first time, I ever thought, that maybe there was something to all those people who said we should drop down a level, focus on academics and be who we are.

It's brutal being a GT Fan.
Why is the "lousy fan support" to blame for yesterday? Why should the fans attend games if the players and coaches do not bother to mentally show up? Shouldn't they be apathetic given what they have witnessed the past few years? I am sorry, but this is completely on the coaches and players. Blaming fans is a lazy take and a lame cop out. Have the fans not been punished enough over the past few years? If you want fans to attend games and not be apathetic, do not get rolled by a bad BG at home.

Last edited:

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
The Bowling Green loss was very significant, in terms of our chances to get to 6 wins and a bowl. I had guessed 4 wins before the season started, and that is the most likely outcome at this point.

Week 5 SP+ has GT moving from -2.3 to -2.9

26.5 (65) for Offense, 29.2 (86) Defense, and -.2 (99) for Special Teams

Here is what I have after week 5:
Louisville (neutral site) / Loss / 0%
SC State / Win / 100%
@ Ole Miss / Loss / 0%
@ Wake / Win / 100%
Bowling Green / Loss / 0%
@ Miami / +21 / 6.83%
BC / -7.5 / 73.05%
UNC / +15.5 / 13.28%
@ UVA / -8.0 / 74.03%
@ Clemson / +18.5 / 9.26%
Syracuse / +10.5 / 20.96%
UGA / +25 / 3.98%

Projected Win Total of 4.01 wins.

I also ran a Monte Carlo simulation with 10000 iterations to get a distribution of wins:
Georgia TechACCAVERAGE:
4.0072​
# WINSFREQ%
MODE:
4​
0​
0​
0.00%​
STDEV:
0.925113​
1​
0​
0.00%​
MIN:
2​
2​
409​
4.09%​
MAX:
7​
3​
2411​
24.11%​
4​
4430​
44.30%​
5​
2253​
22.53%​
6​
443​
4.43%​
7​
54​
0.54%​
8​
0​
0.00%​
9​
0​
0.00%​
10​
0​
0.00%​
11​
0​
0.00%​
12​
0​
0.00%​

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Right now it sure feels like we might give UVA their 1 win for the season like we did for Syracuse in 2020.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Right now it sure feels like we might give UVA their 1 win for the season like we did for Syracuse in 2020.
We may become their "bowl" game that they feel like they can win. We will get their best shot. Some of the better teams may overlook us. Bottom teams will be motivated for a win.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
BC is showing improvement and UVA is in Charlottesville - always a tough place for us to play. I am not optimistic we can win two more games this season.