Why isn't GT playing this weekend?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It’s fun to rag on UCF and what-if about beating them & all, but that team is no joke. They’re undefeated folks, including wins over 2 ranked AAC teams. (It’s not like they play down in the MAC or Sun Belt). If you caught that eye-popping USF vs UCF game last Friday night you saw one of the best games of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usf could be a big problem next year as we probably play them early and won't have a read on the new qb. I thought they were supposed to be all seniors but they had plenty of jr and younger players. This will rest coach s desire to win verses get p t for backups.

As to the reason we aren't playing - the coaches can now spend all the practice time recruiting . With this time they can screen a lot more players and make personal contacts w coaches around the country.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Check out that spread!
d531241f453d9c86adab1eb99e1e3ee4.jpg

What are they playing Cumberland?
[emoji119][emoji219]

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s fun to rag on UCF and what-if about beating them & all, but that team is no joke. They’re undefeated folks, including wins over 2 ranked AAC teams. (It’s not like they play down in the MAC or Sun Belt). If you caught that eye-popping USF vs UCF game last Friday night you saw one of the best games of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's take a look at South Florida, one of those "ranked AAC teams." Folks may wonder, who has the mighty South Florida beaten?

Teams USF has beaten this year and their records:
1. San Jose State University (2-11)
2. Stony Brook (FCS)
3. UCONN (3-9)
4. Illinois (2-10)*
5. Temple (6-6)
6. ECU (3-9)
7. Cincinnati (4-8)
8. Tulane (5-7)
9. Tulsa (2-10)

That's a combined record of 27-70. They have not beaten a team with a winning record as of yet. I have no idea why they are ranked, but UCF did need a wild game at home to scrape by USF.

USF was beaten by 7-4 Houston and UCF. They're game against 4-7 UMass was cancelled due to weather.

*I was wrong in my earlier post. USF play one P5 team. Illinois, who went 2-10.

Jmonty71

Banned

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Better question... Would it even matter??? A game this weekend would not equal a win. The team has a LOT of looking in the mirror to do. This was not a well gelled team, whatsoever. At times, it just looked like 11 individuals standing on a field, doing their own thing. That goes for both the O and the D.

I think that the way the year ended left everyone in a "Mild Cat" state of mind. Looking forward to basketball like Kentucky usually does. Just as well that we do not have that 12th game for this weekend as the time can better be put to good use recruiting and laying the groundwork for better days in the future. Sometimes you just have to let it go.