Why isn't GT playing this weekend?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

IMO, New Mexico State and FSU are the only teams on the list that would’ve made sense. They both had 5 wins and needed one more win to be bowl eligible. Both of these teams scheduled other games. I’m not sure why a team with less than five wins would want to play unless they want reps or we pay them. Nobody wants reps against our offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The thread on the UT coaching search is a hoot too. Those people are absolutely nuts for firing Fulmer. Only the collection of nimrods at Texas A&M - "What? You fired R. C. Slocum?" - are quite this dumb.

The thread on the UT coaching search is a hoot too. Those people are absolutely nuts for firing Fulmer. Only the collection of nimrods at Texas A&M - "What? You fired R. C. Slocum?" - are quite this dumb.
I heard tonight that the NC State coach is staying at NC State. The commentator said he guesses the Vols are now looking for volunteers for HC. LOL

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
How did this thread get sidetracked into Tennessee coaching hires? We should be laughing about how stupid and uninformed this blog post is. If that guy looked at the schedules for less than a minute he would’ve seen every Sun Belt team has a game this weekend for starters. And anyway Tech couldn’t find anyone willing to play us.
Everybody knows that right?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don't think UCF is as good as their record, but what makes you think that UCF wouldn't have absolutely lit us up? In my opinion, if anything, this team avoided being 5-7. Of course there's a parallel universe where we beat UCF and get our ish together and go on a roll.
I don't know man...sure, if we played them now that's probably the case, but we were a much better team in September than we were in November. Pitt would probably beat us right now

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think UCF is as good as their record, but what makes you think that UCF wouldn't have absolutely lit us up? In my opinion, if anything, this team avoided being 5-7. Of course there's a parallel universe where we beat UCF and get our ish together and go on a roll.
Who has UCF beaten or played that is definitively good? They scraped by 6-5 Navy, and beat Memphis and South Florida who have a combined one win against P5 teams. (Memphis beat 6-6 UCLA 48-45.)

They beat Maryland when Maryland had their 4th string, walk-on QB playing. Aside from those games, they beat FIU, Maine, Cincy, East Carolina, Austin Peay, SMU, UCONN and Temple.

UCF has not run the gauntlet this year. Their SOS is 83rd.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Who has UCF beaten or played that is definitively good? They scraped by 6-5 Navy, and beat Memphis and South Florida who have a combined one win against P5 teams. (Memphis beat 6-6 UCLA 48-45.)

They beat Maryland when Maryland had their 4th string, walk-on QB playing. Aside from those games, they beat FIU, Maine, Cincy, East Carolina, Austin Peay, SMU, UCONN and Temple.

UCF has not run the gauntlet this year. Their SOS is 83rd.
On top of that they chickened out against us.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
UCF will beat Memphis and then Forst will leave for Nebraska or wherever before the bowl game. UCF will then get straight up rolled by someone in a NY6 bowl and for 9 months we will hear how a G6 team doesn’t belong in the Playoffs.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s fun to rag on UCF and what-if about beating them & all, but that team is no joke. They’re undefeated folks, including wins over 2 ranked AAC teams. (It’s not like they play down in the MAC or Sun Belt). If you caught that eye-popping USF vs UCF game last Friday night you saw one of the best games of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk