Why Have Refs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Watch the blocking of Miami's #3 field side corner. The Ref was right there, literally on top of the play. No flag.

86p74m.gif
I vote send it to the acc office & post it on that acc news/pr site.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Is that Curry or someone else? I can't see the numbers. But WOW...not shocking it happened - shocking the ref didn't pull the flag - he did on us #25 later when it looked like it was marginal - at least started inside bounds and maybe ended up in the wrong place. Maybe it was penalty-worthy I'm not sure, but this is definitely uncalled for, and the ref should be flagged!!

As for the pregame antics (which apparently ARE the usual for Miami) - I wrote the general feedback contact on the ACC website - would be nice to actually know where to send it to the right person! There's no place for that.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Is that Curry or someone else? I can't see the numbers. But WOW...not shocking it happened - shocking the ref didn't pull the flag - he did on us #25 later when it looked like it was marginal - at least started inside bounds and maybe ended up in the wrong place. Maybe it was penalty-worthy I'm not sure, but this is definitely uncalled for, and the ref should be flagged!!

As for the pregame antics (which apparently ARE the usual for Miami) - I wrote the general feedback contact on the ACC website - would be nice to actually know where to send it to the right person! There's no place for that.

I thought it was Jalen Johnson but you may be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herb

Helluva Engineer
That hold was so obvious. It happened right in front of me. Also, obvious hold on the KO return that they returned into Miami territory.

They spun our outside contain guy around, directly in front of the referee, on the KO return. It was blatant and the ref was staring right at it.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
During the pregame invasion of the north end zone by the TheUGS (during our run out), the officials were down there trying to hold them back. I saw one coCANE player slap the officials arms away, and the official did nothing.

I was sure there was going to be some kind of flag or a least a warning after the ruckus in our end zone. I thought it was odd when Miami ran out of their tunnel before we did in the first place. But then to see officials pushing the entire team back to their side line without any repercussion...are teams not required to run to their sideline and stay there? It was quite surreal.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
During the pregame invasion of the north end zone by the TheUGS (during our run out), the officials were down there trying to hold them back. I saw one coCANE player slap the officials arms away, and the official did nothing. I remarked to my daughter that back in the old days ( ;) ), touching an official was a reason for ejection, but seems to have changed ever since Manziel shoved an official out of the way to try to get a snap prior to the defense getting set. The official said he didn't penalize him because he was just being passionate about the game.

I think we all know that ACC refs in general pretty much suck.

Also, if we're thinking of the same thing, it was Jameis Winston who shoved the ref out of the way. Regardless, two high-character guys.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I said the same thing. Literally a bunch of kids that can only play football. I am not a fun of the thugs word, but it just suits them so well. Always play dirty.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
There's a reason people call them the convicts. **** em, we won and they got embarrassed after acting all high and mighty in the pregame.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Hurt one of them worser firster.
No no, that's not the Georgia Tech way! Rather, let the players play football and let the fans take care of the rest. The team can exist in a zen like state of perfect focus on the game, because we can move the student section back to behind the opponent bench for next year's Miami game. We pelted ND with rotten fish for running up the score, surely we can trust the GT Greek community to find something appropriate for the modern problem? I'd say since they menaced the flag team, and the best part of the flag team is fire woman, clearly the fans should fling burning refuse at Mark Richt's head. Let the lesson be taught clearly: you can run on the field for a few seconds before the game and at the half, but your cowardly rear has to sit for four quarters within range of Georgia Tech. And we passed a lot of Dynamics for the privilege.

J/K, amirite?