Why Have Refs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Watch the blocking of Miami's #3 field side corner. The Ref was right there, literally on top of the play. No flag.

86p74m.gif

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
During the pregame invasion of the north end zone by the TheUGS (during our run out), the officials were down there trying to hold them back. I saw one coCANE player slap the officials arms away, and the official did nothing. I remarked to my daughter that back in the old days ( ;) ), touching an official was a reason for ejection, but seems to have changed ever since Manziel shoved an official out of the way to try to get a snap prior to the defense getting set. The official said he didn't penalize him because he was just being passionate about the game.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
During the pregame invasion of the north end zone by the TheUGS (during our run out), the officials were down there trying to hold them back. I saw one coCANE player slap the officials arms away, and the official did nothing. I remarked to my daughter that back in the old days ( ;) ), touching an official was a reason for ejection, but seems to have changed ever since Manziel shoved an official out of the way to try to get a snap prior to the defense getting set. The official said he didn't penalize him because he was just being passionate about the game.
Yep and they will fly you for celebration after a TD. I see that as being passionate about the game.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a reflection of the common denominator in all of this undisciplined and unprofessional behavior everywhere he has been the Head Coach; Mark Richt. Maybe he should hire Bobby Petrino as an assistant as he's a 4th class act too!