Why are UGA fans so obnoxious?

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Flea is correct that there are idiots everywhere, but they do seem to reach unusually high concentrations in Sanford Stadium. My daughter was in the Univ. of SC band and Dawg fans in the upper deck gleefully dumped beer over them the entire game until many were literally soaked. She hates UGA more than Clemson now and that is saying something.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Everywhere I go I talk football and such with any fan I come across. I come across many SEC folks. Every single one I've talked with acknowledges the rude and obnoxious behahavior displayed by the mutts. Everyone hates UGA. Clemson fans, USCe fans, FL fans, Aubie fans, LSU fans,....the list goes on but it is universally unanimous.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Most UGA grads are not that rude , prob ran into a " WD " Walmart Dawg . I would have beaten his *** . But then again , not to many people would say that to one of my son's . LOL

:ROFLMAO: Ain't that the truth, sort of like someone saying to my youngest. He's a mere 6'4" and about 265lb now.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
I have some good friends who are UGA graduates/fans and we just try to stay clear if the subject. [emoji1]

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
the worst fan are gator fans ... i got cussed out by a 90 year old woman , missing most her teeth , smoking a cig w the ashes hanging on it about a inch long ... We lost and she was cussing me out . Gaytor fans are the worse . We have been very happy with the quality of the GT fans we have encountered at GT games . Some a little " nerdy " but having fun . I do wish that the band would quit doing tributes to " formulas " I mean come on ...

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
the worst fan are gator fans ... i got cussed out by a 90 year old woman , missing most her teeth , smoking a cig w the ashes hanging on it about a inch long ... We lost and she was cussing me out . Gaytor fans are the worse . We have been very happy with the quality of the GT fans we have encountered at GT games . Some a little " nerdy " but having fun . I do wish that the band would quit doing tributes to " formulas " I mean come on ...
But that's who they are....why try to change it. That's what makes them unique [emoji106]

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Of course, this guy has no degree from anywhere and no ties to the University other than probably a distant family member.
This is the correct answer. People who actually went to UGA may not like us in athletics, but they're likely to be respectful.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have heard similar stories about FL fans bad behavior. I'm also not a fan of Miami fans. My wife quit going to Athens a few years ago. We were sitting with her sister (UGA grad but great gal) and her boyfriend at the time. I didn't realize it but some mutts behind us threw ice at us and it hit my wife. Boyfriend at the time noticed it and adressed the offender, the activity stopped. If I had noticed it first I'd have spent a day at the Athens Clark Co. jail b/c I'd have beat that Walmart Dawg to a bloody mess. I guess it was fortunate and unfortunate I wasn't made aware of it at the time. That dude needed his tail whipped.

On a side note...in 97? we kicked their asses there. Some fans behind us threw skittles at us...was raining skittles....I actually thought that was kinda funny and we both had a laugh about it. Wife didn't laugh any over the ice. Looking forward to the game there this year. We are due and I think we take it. I plan to be there to see it happen. And my "To Hell with Georgia"s will be ringing out loud.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Admittedly, in 1997, as I ended my time as a GT student, I acted less than classy when many of us ripped apart their hedges for souvenirs after beating them in Athens. Enjoyed the experience at the time, but not one of my classier moments.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately every fan base has their obnoxious group of fans (yes that includes Georgia Tech; trust me, I've met some). Honestly, I think all obnoxious fans give fans in general a bad name (no matter who they root for). I've met good down-to-earth uga fans. I live in Athens. Sure, they give me a hard time every once in a while, but it's all good-natured.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Admittedly, in 1997, as I ended my time as a GT student, I acted less than classy when many of us ripped apart their hedges for souvenirs after beating them in Athens. Enjoyed the experience at the time, but not one of my classier moments.

At least you didn't wear a red panty over your head. Lol

I think we can all say that we've done some things that weren't our finest hour.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
One uga grad is sure making the news. Bubba Watson. I actually like the guy, but he sure writes the joke about uga:

Watson's greatest moment of ignominy may have come during an ESPN quiz asking the players to name all four Beatles. ... But no one was worse than Bubba, who couldn't name a single person from the group.

Not that bad, he is young, but then:

Of course, Bubba was the same person who struggled to remember the name of "the big tower" and "arch" and the museum that begins with an "L" when he played the French Open in Paris back in 2011.

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2014/7...n-doesnt-know-a-beatle-british-open-liverpool

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
When I was in Athens four GT games back, there was one "drunk" UGA fan that gave me hell, thankfully the UGA fans around me were VERY apologetic. Heck, even one VERY drunk co-ed that was in front of me turned around and told that jerk to shut the @#$% up or she'd kick his arse. Then a few more folks basically told him the same. He finally quieted down and didn't make it back from where ever he went in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Most fans are cool and glad to welcome you, especially those that actually went to and/or graduated from the school. You have to somewhat expect it from the student body and I can accept a good ribbing from them. It's the ignorant "want to be" fan that just nauseates me.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
guys lets be real for a second. what other school has made headline wrt their fans taking dumps and urinating in their own library and classrooms on game day saturday. do all schools dump thousands of tons of trash on their campus after every game?

i recall a national broadcasting crew making comments to the effect that "in 30 years of broadcasting fb games on a national level we have never encountered a fan base that was so drunk and out of control as the uga fan base was today."

when a dwag starts in on me. i just bring that up and it shuts them right up.

"stay classy dwags"

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
My wife is a UGA grad. According to my mother in-law the most obnoxious thing she ever did was marry me!!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
guys lets be real for a second. what other school has made headline wrt their fans taking dumps and urinating in their own library and classrooms on game day saturday. do all schools dump thousands of tons of trash on their campus after every game?

i recall a national broadcasting crew making comments to the effect that "in 30 years of broadcasting fb games on a national level we have never encountered a fan base that was so drunk and out of control as the uga fan base was today."

when a dwag starts in on me. i just bring that up and it shuts them right up.

"stay classy dwags"
And LSU fans