Who returns/leaves?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The scholarships and housing charges don’t matter as much beyond accounting. Those school related charges can be discounted by the school itself if it’s a real problem. Our problem is when actual checks/money needs to change hands, e.g., hiring support staff and analyst.
if I recall correctly, out of state tuition can be set to be in state which is significant savings. However is still is a cost.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably because they only ever here partial names and just tack a University to the end or University of to the beginning depending on what sounds best. So they only ever hear Georgia Tech, so they just do that.

Doesn't help that Texas Tech is Texas Tech University and Virginia Tech is Virginia some random nonsense university
You can literally google "Georgia Tech" and find the full name within 5 seconds.

Deleted member 2897

So what's the final tally on guys leaving who aren't transferring - is it 7 as far as we know?
12 guys transferring out. Assuming we were full last year, that means we'd have 19 spots...plus how ever many early enrollees we have, correct? I am thinking we had a few announce that. So is our class size around 22-23ish accounting for that?

We have 16 commits + 5 transfers in = 21 in this class. So that would imply we only have a couple spots left? AND, guys get an extra year of eligibility, so how does that factor into the 85 - do we get to go above that only for each guy who has played 4 years who comes back? I think we have a few of those.

So does that imply 24-25? And how many questions can a person ask in a single post?

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
So when should we know everyone’s classification for next year? For example, are Gibbs and Sims going to be considered true freshman again? Of do some sort of redshirt deal so that we have room for new guys?

SimpleGT

Jolly Good Fellow
So when should we know everyone’s classification for next year? For example, are Gibbs and Sims going to be considered true freshman again? Of do some sort of redshirt deal so that we have room for new guys?
I believe we will have room for as many as the AA can afford to pay on scholarships. The limits won’t kick in til 2022 due to COVID.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
From what I understand, this year doesn't count at all as far as eligibility. So it's going to be weird in a couple years when we have guys on the field that are 4th year sophomores.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I'm just going to answer this super pedantically. True freshman isn't really a classification but rather a distinction in a classification. So both Sims and Yates last year were classified as freshmen. We distinguished between the two as true vs redshirt to show that one was brand new and one was in the system.

Going forward everyone will just keep whatever classification they had. So Sims and Yates will both still be freshman. I would suggest we refer to everyone that has been here before as redshirt regardless if they played last year or not. So Sims would be a redshirt freshman. He has the eligibility of a freshman, and has been on campus similar to that of a redshirt. Yates will also be a redshirt freshman for the same reasons and the distinction between 2 years of red shirt vs 1 doesn't really matter to me. The only thing with that is by calling Sims a redshirt freshman it implies that he can't redshirt again which he could, but I don't see that as being a practical problem outside of injuries beyond year where I could see some OL we had this year also redshirt next year.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
AE9EBCC4-D333-4FBB-ABAD-2555AF7658A0.jpeg