Who returns/leaves?

slugboy

Staff member
But not an unwelcome or weird thing.
If a bunch of fans are speculating on it, it seems responsible to say whether you’re staying or going.
Social media is a natural way of communicating for young-20s. I’ve seen students announce their college choices that way.
It’s a world of irony where we question what people share on the internet with each other on the internet.

Deleted member 2897

If a bunch of fans are speculating on it, it seems responsible to say whether you’re staying or going.
Social media is a natural way of communicating for young-20s. I’ve seen students announce their college choices that way.
It’s a world of irony where we question what people share on the internet with each other on the internet.

I apparently missed 5 chances to announce to the world each year that I would indeed continue on towards my degree at Georgia Tech.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you really live in a dream world. No Tech fan wants that.
Alas, Sims and Gibbs is not the issue that is bedeviling this football program. Sims and Gibbs are great talents but they CANNOT make up for poor line play on both sides of the ball. Fix those two things and this chatter about who goes and stays will subside because everyone wants to be on a winning team.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The guys that I've seen that said they are returning are all seniors this year and would normally have left through eligibility running its course. Since these are not normal times, it seems they've announced they are taking advantage of another year. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with any of the announcements.

Of course, Tariq Carpenter also needs to announce he's moving to LB... :)

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
On a slightly related topic, can someone post a list of who stays/who is not returning/who is transferring, balanced with the 2021 commits?

There has been quite a flurry of activity in the past few weeks, it’s hard to keep up with all the changes.

If not here, then maybe the mods can start a new thread.

And, as many of you have so well previously displayed your math skills, are we at the 60% probability level yet, that a few more will transfer in/out before early signing day?

Thanks!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The guys that I've seen that said they are returning are all seniors this year and would normally have left through eligibility running its course. Since these are not normal times, it seems they've announced they are taking advantage of another year. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with any of the announcements.

Of course, Tariq Carpenter also needs to announce he's moving to LB... :)
I have a feeling he is hell he puts on much more weight could head to rush end

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
On a slightly related topic, can someone post a list of who stays/who is not returning/who is transferring, balanced with the 2021 commits?

There has been quite a flurry of activity in the past few weeks, it’s hard to keep up with all the changes.

If not here, then maybe the mods can start a new thread.

And, as many of you have so well previously displayed your math skills, are we at the 60% probability level yet, that a few more will transfer in/out before early signing day?

Thanks!
The folks staying is good news. But what does it do to our scholarship numbers (I assume that we expected several to leave).

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The folks staying is good news. But what does it do to our scholarship numbers (I assume that we expected several to leave).

Keep in mind we've lost several people through transfer throughout the year. Brown, Graham, Gleason, Bennett, Dingle, and I thought there was at least one more.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If Tariq wants a shot at the NFL, LB may be the move to make. Not certain he has an NFL future at Safety but can see LB.

Tre and Oliver will be interesting to watch. Tre should already be locked in at around a 4th-5th round pick and I'm not sure he's fast enough to improve his stock. I think Oliver's future is probably at DB where he is. Another year under his belt could be very valuable.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From what I understand those seniors returning do not count against the 85 limit.
I think that's what I've heard also. One of the issues though is that the athletic department still has to pay tuition for those players. $$$$ where will it all come from for a cash strapped program?
Do we carry 90-95 player tuition, housing etc.? Can we?

I guess time will tell.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I understand those seniors returning do not count against the 85 limit.

The 2021 transfer portal at 247Sports stands at 17 as of Monday evening. That includes transfers in as well as out.

Compared to a total of 11 for 2020.