who makes more FB plays...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
than Lawrence Austin. I mean, that guy just makes play after play. outside of DJ White, Marco Coleman and Ted Roof (the player), I don't know anyone else who just seems to impact games like he does. Too bad the nickname "Big Play" is already taken in GT lore because this kid deserves it. Who else do you recall making as many play as #17?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea I was confused too. I've been singing Lance's praises all year. Don't think he had the best game today but made a nice pass breakup early and was in the right spot and made a nice catch at the end.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea I was confused too. I've been singing Lance's praises all year. Don't think he had the best game today but made a nice pass breakup early and was in the right spot and made a nice catch at the end.
The call in the end zone was highly questionable - Stinchcomb agreed...the unsportsmanlike agsin in the end zone after the TD catch should have been on McKenzie only ....for taunting...#20 is a tough relentless player...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
so I am still curious ...who have we ever had that makes or has made as many big plays as Lance Austin?? This guy is (or will be) an all timer in my opinion.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
so I am still curious ...who have we ever had that makes or has made as many big plays as Lance Austin?? This guy is (or will be) an all timer in my opinion.
Pat and Ken Swilling were game-changers at their positions... 'Big Play' Wilie Clay was another good one... Lucious Sanford back in the '70s was big-time.

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
Add Michael Johnson ;)
I hate to sound like I'm ragging on any of our student-athletes, and Michael Johnson has gone on to be a very productive pro. But it took him a while to get going as a YJ. We all remember the two Maryland sacks, and various other moments, but he spent a lot of time at GT trying to get on the field. Still a great Jacket, but IMHO not as productive a player over his career as some of the other names mentioned in this thread.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
Add Michael Johnson ;)

Yep. Thought about him, as I own a Bengals jersey w his number on it, and remember vividly his coming out party against UMD w back to back "walk-off" sacks, blocked field goals where it seemed like he had jet packs on, and the pick six that triggered the rout against daU in 08.

Just thought there was no debate with those other 3, and that you can't include MJ w/out Phillip wheeler, Key Fox, Gary Guyton and some others (arguably).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How soon we forget DJ White. 2014 was an epic year for anyone and big plays.

Mentioned DJ in my OP. Point is...I think LA is well on his way to becoming a legendary playmaker...along with some of the names being mentioned above.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. Thought about him, as I own a Bengals jersey w his number on it, and remember vividly his coming out party against UMD w back to back "walk-off" sacks, blocked field goals where it seemed like he had jet packs on, and the pick six that triggered the rout against daU in 08.

Just thought there was no debate with those other 3, and that you can't include MJ w/out Phillip wheeler, Key Fox, Gary Guyton and some others (arguably).
Darryl Smith...not we could have benefited from some one lot him this year...we really missed Q. Nealy a