Who is more likely to be drafted: Kelly or Ndongo?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Jose plays mean defense and runs the offense and his handles are great. PG vs SG isn't the same. Jose wouldn't be on a roster if he were a SG.
He might if he were a more consistent Miles Kelly. Of course he would not be a SG in the NBA at his height, length, skill and athleticism, but he does not have Kelly's height, length, skill and athleticism,. Kelly could be a SG in the NBA if he showed up more consistently.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd very much like to see Miles stay.

If Miles leaves, his minutes across the 2/3 will be absorbed by Lance Terry, Javian McCollum, Jaeden Mustaf, Luke O'Brien and Darrion Sutton, while also maintaining Wacie's minutes.

Additionally, it frees up decent sized NIL budget to apply towards a post player.

It's certainly not good news, but it's the bad news that's the most easily covered.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

If Miles leaves, his minutes across the 2/3 will be absorbed by Lance Terry, Javian McCollum, Jaeden Mustaf, Luke O'Brien and Darrion Sutton, while also maintaining Wacie's minutes.

Additionally, it frees up decent sized NIL budget to apply towards a post player.

It's certainly not good news, but it's the bad news that's the most easily covered.
The problem I see is how long do they wait? If he leaves & it ends up dragging on, will there be anyone good left to apply that NIL money towards while we wait for his
final decision?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He's on the portal. You recruit over him now. If we strike out and he strikes out maybe he returns
You have to unless he and CDS agreed to let him test the market before coming back. I think he wants to compare NIL to the non-NBA money. That doesn't mean he's staying. He could get offered more than we can afford.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

If I GT can only retain one player between Ndongo and Kelly....

Because of who we have coming in, and who is currently set to return, I think Kelly is the "easier" player to replace in terms of production from his spot.

Ndongo would be a struggle for us to replace right now. Guys his size with his skillset and talent are much more difficult to replace. We're seeing that right now in the Portal.

That said, I'd love to see Miles return. IMO, he's going to get much better looks, and he'll be more comfortable in Stoudamire's system his second year. He's also playing with a more mature PG George and a very talented McCollum coming in.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I want them both back
I’m greedy.

Eggsactly

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I still think Big Cliff is out of our price range. Wish they'd up Somto's offer. It'd be so nice to keep him from the mutts.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If I GT can only retain one player between Ndongo and Kelly....

Because of who we have coming in, and who is currently set to return, I think Kelly is the "easier" player to replace in terms of production from his spot.

Ndongo would be a struggle for us to replace right now. Guys his size with his skillset and talent are much more difficult to replace. We're seeing that right now in the Portal.

That said, I'd love to see Miles return. IMO, he's going to get much better looks, and he'll be more comfortable in Stoudamire's system his second year. He's also playing with a more mature PG George and a very talented McCollum coming in.
Last year Kelly was projected to be a 2nd round pick in 2024. Now, after getting feedback from NBA scouts and improving his off ball skills, he is not projected on any mock draft board. I can believe he is hearing a lot of maybe it's not gonna happen messages. He also saw RJ Davis withdraw from the draft because his NIL was better than G-League money.

He waited until the final days of the portal window to submit his name, which to me says he his not unhappy at GT. As I posted earlier, I think he wants to see what his value might be elsewhere. Maybe CDS hopes he can match whatever Miles can get.