Who helped himself most in summer camp- besides Howard?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Most of us haven't seen practices or know enough to say esp outside of QB..Who has made a step up from Spring , also include FR.? Thanks.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like stickler may have played his way into the starting lineup, regardless of Marshall's injury.

This is huge because we now have a legitimate starting quality OT for depth (regardless of which of the two start) along with a legitimate guard in Shamire. I don't know how Scott(?) Morgan looked at center but if he can play decently then I feel really, really good about our OLine backups this season.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I said it a year ago or more. I thought griffin was our best S. My concern was his aggression in run support, being prone to play action. It only showed up 1-2 times.

He was the best rated S in the acc folks, based on passes defended vs attempts his way. Love
Griffin. If he was 12-15 pounds bigger he would be getting all sorts nfl looks

Aj gray has the most potential

Both need to be a bit less conservative with drops.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
AJ also needs to learn to wrap up instead of trying to just blow dudes up (although it is hilarious when he does). He didn't play defense in HS so he's still learning and it's a skill that is very teachable.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Inferences from CPJ press conferences
  • Cottrell seems to have made his way into the top 2 or 3
  • Stickler made himself a solid contender for OT
  • TQ and LJ have made CPJ second guess who should be QB
  • Benson made the jump from 2 to 1 if he is healthy
  • Howard may be 2b at BB if he can get the plays down
  • No real knowledge about changes to defense from press reports