Who are here on the swarm are sidewalk fans?

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
By the grace of God, Pops brought me up the right way and made that short drive from College Park to Bobby Dodd to bring me and my sister to games as kids. No affiliation at all, but myself, my sister and my best friend are 19 years into it as season ticket holders and wouldn’t change a thing.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Dad was a Bulldog. We moved from Charlotte to his hometown in Greene County in 1971. I was 11, and the Dawgs were the default team for that small town. Then Randy Rhino came along and I never looked back.

I suppose that makes me a hybrid sidewalk/alum, though I had my sights set on Tech not long after I chose them as my team.

Sidewalk fans are the best. You will never ever hear me say anything negative towards them. They hold a special place in our fanbase as far as I’m concerned. I can’t thank them enough for their support.

I know plenty of alums who are fair weather fans.

GT_LUVER

Georgia Tech Fan
Sidewalk fan here with no connection to Tech. My dad was a surfer bum from Daytona Beach and always more of an NFL/Dolphins fan until he moved to GA and married my mom. He became a UGA fan here during the late 70s but also watched Tech when they were on. Not sure how I became a fan but it was from an early age, like elementary school level, because one of my first cfb memories is the Goose is loose play and I have said THWG ever since! He claims GT is a close second favorite but me and him butt heads every Thanksgiving weekend now.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Dad graduated in the late 50's, GT FB Golden years. Grew up listening to GT FB on the radio and watching when available. I got really attached to GT Basketball during Mark Price, John Salley years with the WHW. Now my middle child is attending GT, he is a soph, but soon to be junior. Living in South Georgia, it has been tough rooting for GT FB. Since CPJ retired, i have become disinterested in GT FB. If GT can put a good product on the field, I may become interested again. But with the HC being all hat and no cattle, its tough. Oh, I never attended GT, so that makes me a sidewalk fan.