Who all walked on Sr. Day?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
McCollum hasn’t actually put him name in the portal I thought? He made the twitter post but that’s not official.
I saw someone say he removed everything GT from his bio section on social media yesterday. Looking at his twitter, it says "RB@ (blank)" and "For NIL Inquiries, contact..." and his profile picture is blacked out. Instagram is similar. That looks to me like he is gone.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw someone say he removed everything GT from his bio section on social media yesterday. Looking at his twitter, it says "RB@ (blank)" and "For NIL Inquiries, contact..." and his profile picture is blacked out. Instagram is similar. That looks to me like he is gone.
Looks like he is going the Gibbs route. Has a very good year and now wants to find out which big name program will pick him up (with NIL money of course). Unfortunately until GT gets much better, I fear we will have this issue with our high performers. We lost 3 of our best players to transfer last year. The only way to stem this is for us to improve significantly and have enough NIL dollars in play to reward our top players. If he does transfer, I only hope he doesn't go to one of our current opponents.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That’s because he is currently in the portal and not able to work out or rehab with the team. If he decides to come back he’ll rejoin the team.
That comment by Key was before the Portal was open. His being in the portal is not the reason he was rehabbing away from the team. That being said, I think Sims is exceptionally talented and would love him to be part of our team, especially if he hasn't graduated yet.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That comment by Key was before the Portal was open. His being in the portal is not the reason he was rehabbing away from the team. That being said, I think Sims is exceptionally talented and would love him to be part of our team, especially if he hasn't graduated yet.
Sims will end up somewhere with his potential. It was pretty obvious he had decided to leave before he was asked if he could play.

Last edited:

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a problem when u have very smart recruits who get lots of advanced placement classes and get injured. Tutoring, full load each semester, and classes in summer you are done in 3 years.

His folks said he was looking at getting an mba ( he and spiers graduate w honors in engr) . Great tail Gate families
Also, some enroll early in the spring prior to their Freshman year. By the time they finish their redshirt Freshman year, some have already completed 10 quarters and 14 quarters by the end of the Redshirt Sophomore year. It only takes 12 quarters at regular load to graduate.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Also, some enroll early in the spring prior to their Freshman year. By the time they finish their redshirt Freshman year, some have already completed 10 quarters and 14 quarters by the end of the Redshirt Sophomore year. It only takes 12 quarters at regular load to graduate.
Psst. We've been on a semester system since 2000.

8 semesters. Some kids come in with about 1 semester of credit. Then 3 semesters a year (because they're in school in the summer). That's graduating as a RS Sophomore with 2-3 years of eligibility left. Need to get these kids into some relevant graduate studies.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This is a problem when u have very smart recruits who get lots of advanced placement classes and get injured. Tutoring, full load each semester, and classes in summer you are done in 3 years.

His folks said he was looking at getting an mba ( he and spiers graduate w honors in engr) . Great tail Gate families

Not only that but kids in HS today can finish HS with an AD if they dual enroll. My daughter graduated HS last May with enough college credits to start her Junior year in college.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not only that but kids in HS today can finish HS with an AD if they dual enroll. My daughter graduated HS last May with enough college credits to start her Junior year in college.
With the cost of college today, what's wrong with that? I'm all for it. Let's push our kids to finish college before they graduate HS. No college expenses!! Then they get a scholarship and stipend for Grad School. Win/Win/Win!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
With the cost of college today, what's wrong with that? I'm all for it. Let's push our kids to finish college before they graduate HS. No college expenses!! Then they get a scholarship and stipend for Grad School. Win/Win/Win!

Absolutely nothing is wrong with it. As a matter of fact, in Georgia certain colleges are free tuition for dual enrolled HS students. We had to pay a small fee, but much less than normal for our children. I was merely replying why we might be seeing more RS-Fr walking the stage at GT with degrees in the near future.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
In truth the first two years of most degrees are just a rehash of what kids should already know. You should know basic calculus before you ever get to tech. same with base physics and chem. Especially all the liberal arts **** is just a rehash.

I skipped the same just using AP.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Psst. We've been on a semester system since 2000.

8 semesters. Some kids come in with about 1 semester of credit. Then 3 semesters a year (because they're in school in the summer). That's graduating as a RS Sophomore with 2-3 years of eligibility left. Need to get these kids into some relevant graduate studies.
Damit. That is what I meant to do. I should know, too, since I got my MBA at Tech under the semester system.

Yes, it only takes eight semesters to graduate. By the end of their Redshirt Freshman year (summer semester) they will have eight semesters with early spring enrollment plus three summer sessions. If they had AP classes in HS, they could easily finish in seven or by the end of spring.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
In truth the first two years of most degrees are just a rehash of what kids should already know. You should know basic calculus before you ever get to tech. same with base physics and chem. Especially all the liberal arts **** is just a rehash.

I skipped the same just using AP.
Depends on the highschool you had the opportunity to attend. I was never even exposed to calculus before I got to Tech. Not every school in the state is as good as the metro suburban schools. That ain't the kids fault. I did just fine and several of those metro area kids who got calculus in HS work for me.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Depends on the highschool you had the opportunity to attend. I was never even exposed to calculus before I got to Tech. Not every school in the state is as good as the metro suburban schools. That ain't the kids fault. I did just fine and several of those metro area kids who got calculus in HS work for me.

This is a problem with the highschool system in general. I am saying that the expectation should be that we are starting to teach calculus sophmore or junior year of highschool regardless of where you are I understand there is disparity right now and i am not faulting the kids i am faulting the educators.

We should be starting with algebra in the 6th grade, geometry should be an 8th grade course and precalc/trig should be freshmen year. Then calc 1 basically all of sophomore year and calc 2 all of junior. Senior year math should be linear algebra that way its calc 3 and diff EQ in college. We as a country do ourselves a major disservice in mathematics by slowplaying everything. Part of that is because advanced math isn't a common skillset for "education" majors who make up our teachers.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
This is a problem with the highschool system in general. I am saying that the expectation should be that we are starting to teach calculus sophmore or junior year of highschool regardless of where you are I understand there is disparity right now and i am not faulting the kids i am faulting the educators.

We should be starting with algebra in the 6th grade, geometry should be an 8th grade course and precalc/trig should be freshmen year. Then calc 1 basically all of sophomore year and calc 2 all of junior. Senior year math should be linear algebra that way its calc 3 and diff EQ in college. We as a country do ourselves a major disservice in mathematics by slowplaying everything. Part of that is because advanced math isn't a common skillset for "education" majors who make up our teachers.
AMEN! You are exactly right. Our huge problem is that we don't have middle school teachers capable of doing even algebra 1

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
AMEN! You are exactly right. Our huge problem is that we don't have middle school teachers capable of doing even algebra 1

Yeah, my brother in law is an english teacher (english advanced degree + education) guess what he ended up teaching in middle school because he was the only one that could do it. Math and science.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

What is your basis for this schedule, just what you think should happen? The majority of the population will never know or need to know calculus, and I've never heard of any school that has their students on this fast of a math track. The brightest, hardest working students at the private high school I attended took the AP equivalent of Calc 2 as seniors, and most seniors were in precalc or statistics.