Who’s not coming back for their Sr season?

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
They aren’t the only ones, I’ve noticed the same thing at various times this year. It’s like they have no ball awareness or recognition that the ball is coming. I know you can get into big trouble being a corner and looking into the backfield but they don’t seem to be able to read the WRs body language. I don't think face guarding is a penalty so why not get your hands up ? The pass today over one of them had to have missed our corners right shoulder pad by an inch, he didn’t even know it was there

You want our corners to play press man with their hands up? Or play man to man with their eyes on the QB. The TD on swilling was a great throw and catch. Sometimes the other team just makes a play. The coverage was fine.

He’s our best DB by far. There is a reason he never comes off the field.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
My season tix are with the parents of a (now) former player - I’ve been sitting with them for several years now. During the game yesterday we were talking about how young our team is, and since it was senior day and we could see the low number of guys who were honored, I mentioned the comparison of that number to the number of current commitments. She told me that the 85 limit doesn’t include endowed scholarships or ones funded by the AT fund. She also said some guys could get their scholarships funded for academics, and those didn’t count toward the 85 limit. Since her son was on scholly, I assume she knows what she’s talking about but that’s the first I’ve heard of that.

Just passing along a convo from yesterday. Preparing to get attacked in 3, 2, 1......

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I see what you are saying and I remember CPJ being pretty Frank, but at the same time he still honored the scholarship if the player wanted to stay on the team despite little chance of playing time. I also don't recall over signing by 12 players, which is the part that rubs me the wrong way. Again I don't know how all the internals worked, but this is pretty blatant in over signing by this amount that we will be out right processing guys.
You are assuming that our coaches don't already know what players are leaving. The coaches see and interact with these guys everyday.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My season tix are with the parents of a (now) former player - I’ve been sitting with them for several years now. During the game yesterday we were talking about how young our team is, and since it was senior day and we could see the low number of guys who were honored, I mentioned the comparison of that number to the number of current commitments. She told me that the 85 limit doesn’t include endowed scholarships or ones funded by the AT fund. She also said some guys could get their scholarships funded for academics, and those didn’t count toward the 85 limit. Since her son was on scholly, I assume she knows what she’s talking about but that’s the first I’ve heard of that.

Just passing along a convo from yesterday. Preparing to get attacked in 3, 2, 1......
Partially true. Endowed scholarships are counted at part of the 85. If they weren't, then big schools would have 120 kids on scholarship every year, with big donors endowing an athletic scholarship. There's no loophole there. Now, a walk-on student athlete can earn scholarships such as the Zell Miller or Hope scholarships, scholarships that are merit-based and have clearly define requirements. I'm pretty sure once offered a grant-in-aid, a student athlete cannot receive school-related funding without it counting towards the 85 limit. Of the approx. 600 SA scholarships at uga, about 200 are endowed.

Where I'm unsure is when we're looking at nationally available scholarships, where there is no affiliation to the school, and they are merit or need based or something like the GI bill. I doubt these are excluded (maybe the GI Bill because that's different in itself) because if they could be abused, they already would have been.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Partially true. Endowed scholarships are counted at part of the 85. If they weren't, then big schools would have 120 kids on scholarship every year, with big donors endowing an athletic scholarship. There's no loophole there. Now, a walk-on student athlete can earn scholarships such as the Zell Miller or Hope scholarships, scholarships that are merit-based and have clearly define requirements. I'm pretty sure once offered a grant-in-aid, a student athlete cannot receive school-related funding without it counting towards the 85 limit. Of the approx. 600 SA scholarships at uga, about 200 are endowed.

Where I'm unsure is when we're looking at nationally available scholarships, where there is no affiliation to the school, and they are merit or need based or something like the GI bill. I doubt these are excluded (maybe the GI Bill because that's different in itself) because if they could be abused, they already would have been.
Also players who decide to give up a sport due to medical reasons remain on scholarship which does not count against the 85 limit.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
We have had ridiculous levels of attrition even before CGC.

From the 2016 recruiting class:
Parker Braun - transfer
Jordan Woods - left team
Emmanuel Bridges- left team
Xavier Gantt - left team
Dedrick Mills - kicked off team
Jay Jones - transfer
Brandon Adams - RIP
Jair Hawkins-Andrews
Jarrett Cole - transfer
Chris Martin
Desmond Branch
Steve Dolphus
Jakob Brashear - medical
Lucas Johnson
Kenny Cooper
Jalen Camp
Ajani Kerr
Jahaziel Lee

From the 2014 class
Keshun Freeman
Zach Roberts
Myles Autry - left team
Step Durham
CJ Leggett - dismissed
Qua Searcy
Andrew Marshall
Jake Stickler - medical
Lance Austin
Lawrence Austin
Tyler Merriweather
Trey Klock - transfer
Jalen Johnson
Matthew Jordan
Gary Brown - left team
Kendarious Whitehead - medical
Michael Preddy - left team
Antonio Simmons
Terrell Lewis
Tre Jackson
Jake Whitley
Clinton Lynch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not trying to start a coaching debate - but this is a great view of my primary criticism of Johnson. It had zero to do with the offense and everything to do with consistently bad personnel mgmt. You can only have so much personnel turnover and poor player development before it becomes more on the 50 year old coaches and less on the teenage players.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to start a coaching debate - but this is a great view of my primary criticism of Johnson. It had zero to do with the offense and everything to do with consistently bad personnel mgmt. You can only have so much personnel turnover and poor player development before it becomes more on the 50 year old coaches and less on the teenage players.

Starting in '13 we had 30% attrition average every yr through the 4 yrs of '17.That's killer on classes ranked 50 to start with mostly..

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Starting in '13 we had 30% attrition average every yr through the 4 yrs of '17.That's killer on classes ranked 50 to start with mostly..
You can look at any team and any recruiting classes after 4 years 50 to 35 percent are not on the team all 4 years. Now I did make up that percent but check it would be close. Our problem is we have most years signed under the 25 limit and stay under the 85. What CGC looks to be doing is keep us at the 85 limit. He knows who will be here next year I have to believe that or we still have a problem

alagold

Helluva Engineer
You can look at any team and any recruiting classes after 4 years 50 to 35 percent are not on the team all 4 years. Now I did make up that percent but check it would be close. Our problem is we have most years signed under the 25 limit and stay under the 85. What CGC looks to be doing is keep us at the 85 limit. He knows who will be here next year I have to believe that or we still have a problem

you are mistaken, 50-35%? huh? -when I did this study I looked at dook (a rival) ,they were below 20%, statistically that is HUGE (btw--this is just about PREVIOUS yrs)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
you are mistaken, 50-35%? huh? -when I did this study I looked at dook (a rival) ,they were below 20%, statistically that is HUGE (btw--this is just about PREVIOUS yrs)
Please read the whole thing did you miss the part were I said ( I made this up but check ) you look up one team. What about the other 128 teams.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We have had ridiculous levels of attrition even before CGC.

From the 2016 recruiting class:
Parker Braun - transfer
Jordan Woods - left team
Emmanuel Bridges- left team
Xavier Gantt - left team
Dedrick Mills - kicked off team
Jay Jones - transfer
Brandon Adams - RIP
Jair Hawkins-Andrews
Jarrett Cole - transfer
Chris Martin
Desmond Branch
Steve Dolphus
Jakob Brashear - medical
Lucas Johnson
Kenny Cooper
Jalen Camp
Ajani Kerr
Jahaziel Lee

From the 2014 class
Keshun Freeman
Zach Roberts
Myles Autry - left team
Step Durham
CJ Leggett - dismissed
Qua Searcy
Andrew Marshall
Jake Stickler - medical
Lance Austin
Lawrence Austin
Tyler Merriweather
Trey Klock - transfer
Jalen Johnson
Matthew Jordan
Gary Brown - left team
Kendarious Whitehead - medical
Michael Preddy - left team
Antonio Simmons
Terrell Lewis
Tre Jackson
Jake Whitley
Clinton Lynch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Please, be more sensitive to others. The truth can be quite painful to some.