Who’s going to the Benz on the Fifth?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If you're not willing to be a fan and support our kids and program through tough times then you don't deserve to enjoy GT Football when were winning, that energy is WEAK. WE DONT NEED FAKE FANS HERE. If you don't want to support then get off this board! Go Jackets! I don't think its a overreaction at all.
First I support the players and Tech have had season tickets 30 years. But there is no reason to run fans off and I'm pretty sure this board is not yours to tell people to get off.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Called my rep on are we getting any premium seats.
He said they will likely have season ticket holders on sidelines AND NOT in end zone.
I said my unc tickets were on sideline . The gradient was east walk up to get a beer so that's fine.

He said they may offer premium seats as they do final allocation. Will call me soon. Premium may mean free food and box.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Called my rep on are we getting any premium seats.
He said they will likely have season ticket holders on sidelines AND NOT in end zone.
I said my unc tickets were on sideline . The gradient was east walk up to get a beer so that's fine.

He said they may offer premium seats as they do final allocation. Will call me soon. Premium may mean free food and box.
I'm curious if 110C/128C and the Harrah's Clubs (200s) will be all inclusive (food, beer, wine). I'll probably wait til the supply goes up closer to gameday to secure my tickets.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
In the AJC today it said the Benz will have on field Terrence’s and lounge for falcons and college football games this year. It said it will be completed by August 27. Wonder if it be ready for the UGA and Tech games and if so will anybody be in them?

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
We don’t need fans with your mind set!!! When we start winning I hope you are no longer a fan !!!
Exactly, especially you middle aged guys who got to see the 1990 national championship and all that, if you can handle when we win, you better handle it when we lose

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Exactly, especially you middle aged guys who got to see the 1990 national championship and all that, if you can handle when we win, you better handle it when we lose
FWIW, most of us old guys who got to enjoy the natty did in fact see worse, or at very least similar. times than these. This isn't our first rodeo. The more things change, the more they stay the same as they say.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious if 110C/128C and the Harrah's Clubs (200s) will be all inclusive (food, beer, wine). I'll probably wait til the supply goes up closer to gameday to secure my tickets.
There's some mixed drinks that you pay for. The food's pretty good.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
There's some mixed drinks that you pay for. The food's pretty good.
I've never sat 110C/128C but I find the food in the 200s clubs to be pretty mediocre. Better food available in the normal concourses if you hit one of the specialty concessions. The exclusivity makes you feel royal though and it's nice to just walk up to the bar and get a "free" 12oz draft. I've heard the food in 110/128 is much better (sushi, etc) and they have free liquor.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I've never sat 110C/128C but I find the food in the 200s clubs to be pretty mediocre. Better food available in the normal concourses if you hit one of the specialty concessions. The exclusivity makes you feel royal though and it's nice to just walk up to the bar and get a "free" 12oz draft. I've heard the food in 110/128 is much better (sushi, etc) and they have free liquor.
It's football game food. It's not Bacchanalia, Gunshow, Aria, etc.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's football game food. It's not Bacchanalia, Gunshow, Aria, etc.
I'm not expecting anything super crazy from $75 Atlanta United all inclusive tickets, I'm just saying you'll probably get a better food/drink experience snagging $25 tickets and dropping $50 on concessions in the non-club seating throughout the game. I did a lot of games in the 200s club during that God awful 2021 season (no joke - I could snag a ticket after work for $50 after fees, get there an hour before kick and justify the ticket price on food/drink alone; the demand has been a tad higher this season but you can usually grab the elite 110C/128C for $115-120 after fees most games day of) and some food items are solid but a lot also tastes like mass produced buffet cafeteria food. Maybe they bring out all the stops for special events like the CFA kickoff, I'm not sure.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I'm not expecting anything super crazy from $75 Atlanta United all inclusive tickets, I'm just saying you'll probably get a better food/drink experience snagging $25 tickets and dropping $50 on concessions in the non-club seating throughout the game. I did a lot of games in the 200s club during that God awful 2021 season (no joke - I could snag a ticket after work for $50 after fees, get there an hour before kick and justify the ticket price on food/drink alone; the demand has been a tad higher this season but you can usually grab the elite 110C/128C for $115-120 after fees most games day of) and some food items are solid but a lot also tastes like mass produced buffet cafeteria food. Maybe they bring out all the stops for special events like the CFA kickoff, I'm not sure.
The Benz no doubt has better than average options outside the expensive club sections. You're right, there's far better economic options coupled with the fact our season tickets are now virtually worthless. There's not enough visiting fans to fill the void left by the exodus of GT fans.

Different subject but it's all being masked by GT marketing the tickets thru Stubhub like they do. They're not trying to just sell the extreme nosebleeds and upper corners, there's prime real estate for the taking. If you're savvy like you've stated, you wait until it hits your price point. I was very disappointed in basketball when I tried that very thing. I was after some very close to the floor tickets. Started at something ridiculous like $100. I noticed there were only a handful for sale which was interesting because our season ticket sales were lackluster and it was an early season game against a nobody. Figured they'd dump them at $20 per ticket eventually right before game time, nope they left them unsold. I bought four $8 tickets in upper deck, walked in & saw thousands of empty seats below and we all moved down there.