Whiteout Saturday

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The press release just came out. I literally think they got started on planning this in a start of week scrum call at GTAA yesterday morning. They've got about 45,000-50,000 people to inform by Saturday. Good luck.

If they weren't penny pinchers, they could just throw a $2.50/unit shirt down on every bleacher in the stadium and tell people to put it on in pre-game but I don't think we're working with a huge budget here.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If they weren't penny pinchers, they could just throw a $2.50/unit shirt down on every bleacher in the stadium and tell people to put it on in pre-game but I don't think we're working with a huge budget here.
I don't think a $2.50 shirt would fit me so I'm fine with them sending emails, posting it on social media, posting it on the website and on message boards so folks can whine that they should have started earlier so folks would have time to find the elusive white shirt....

I say all this in jest because who is not checking the website or reading emails when they have tickets to a game? Day before, yes agreed that's too close. But giving people 6 days notice to wear white? It's not like getting a wedding in New Zealand invitation the week of the wedding, where yes its an inconvenience. GTAA is giving the world the same timeframe to find and buy and wear a white shirt of the individuals choice as it took God to make the Earth. cmon people.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't think a $2.50 shirt would fit me so I'm fine with them sending emails, posting it on social media, posting it on the website and on message boards so folks can whine that they should have started earlier so folks would have time to find the elusive white shirt....

I say all this in jest because who is not checking the website or reading emails when they have tickets to a game? Day before, yes agreed that's too close. But giving people 6 days notice to wear white? It's not like getting a wedding in New Zealand invitation the week of the wedding, where yes its an inconvenience. GTAA is giving the world the same timeframe to find and buy and wear a white shirt of the individuals choice as it took God to make the Earth. cmon people.
Dude. Literally nobody here is whining about only having 6 days to find/but a white shirt. It’s just piss poor marketing and promotion on behalf of GTAA. You’re acting like the big issue here is for fans to find a white shirt to wear. The big issue is that this feels rushed and improvised with no prior planning. And there will be tons of people who aren’t checking websites/social media/message boards in the week leading up to the game. There are thousands of people who don’t wear white even when the whiteout is promoted well. You don’t think there won’t be people who didn’t get the memo when it’s only announced 6 days in advance and is barely marketed at all?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Dude. Literally nobody here is whining about only having 6 days to find/but a white shirt. It’s just piss poor marketing and promotion on behalf of GTAA. You’re acting like the big issue here is for fans to find a white shirt to wear. The big issue is that this feels rushed and improvised with no prior planning. And there will be tons of people who aren’t checking websites/social media/message boards in the week leading up to the game. There are thousands of people who don’t wear white even when the whiteout is promoted well. You don’t think there won’t be people who didn’t get the memo when it’s only announced 6 days in advance and is barely marketed at all?
If they don't get it in 6 days then they ain't gonna get it. My point is if the GTAA could have announced it when the schedule came out, the same people would be complaining about marketing too soon. The first comment was "they should have done it sooner". Why? How many more people would wear white? I agree with you that some who know it's a white out will not wear white, well we all know what we think of that person. With mobile only and covid issues, folks should be checking official websites and social media to stay up to date. Folks just act like it's the worst thing ever that only 6 days notice was given. How much planning needs to go into telling people to wear white? Do there need to be monthly email blasts? How about plane flying over all of Georgia dropping leaflets? C'mon man. Just wear white and let all the GT people you know who are going to the game to wear white and lets enjoy GT beating the snot out of some Huskies!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If they don't get it in 6 days then they ain't gonna get it. My point is if the GTAA could have announced it when the schedule came out, the same people would be complaining about marketing too soon. The first comment was "they should have done it sooner". Why? How many more people would wear white? I agree with you that some who know it's a white out will not wear white, well we all know what we think of that person. With mobile only and covid issues, folks should be checking official websites and social media to stay up to date. Folks just act like it's the worst thing ever that only 6 days notice was given. How much planning needs to go into telling people to wear white? Do there need to be monthly email blasts? How about plane flying over all of Georgia dropping leaflets? C'mon man. Just wear white and let all the GT people you know who are going to the game to wear white and lets enjoy GT beating the snot out of some Huskies!
It's almost like you are unaware a large portion of our fanbase is 50+ and not necessarily good with technology or social media.

These things should be announced early and often so people are in the know, the word has a chance to spread, and people are reminded so they don't forget.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It's almost like you are unaware a large portion of our fanbase is 50+ and not necessarily good with technology or social media.

These things should be announced early and often so people are in the know, the word has a chance to spread, and people are reminded so they don't forget.
We also can't remember what people told us yesterday. I hope someone sends a gameday reminder about 0600 or so.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

The point is usually it's a much bigger deal, well planned out. This seems to be an afterthought.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Just to keep this awesome thread from dying...if a Mailbag question on FTRS is to be believed the reason we had the late announcement on the Whiteout is that the players asked for it. Don't know if that is true, but if it is then I respectfully withdraw my criticism of poor planning (in this case...)

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I know that Jeff Sims favorite uniform combo is white on white. Jahmyr Gibbs knew as well because it was a question during a Q&A on the ACC “on the road” show that Roddy was on.

It was a competition they were doing between all the schools. It was a how well do you know your teammates. I think they got 4 out of 5.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
We’ve been wearing gold helmets with navy face masks at practice this week though and we usually practice in the helmets play in. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the uniform combos we wore for picture day this year (gold helmet navy face mask, white Jersey navy numbers, gold pants).

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
We’ve been wearing gold helmets with navy face masks at practice this week though and we usually practice in the helmets play in. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the uniform combos we wore for picture day this year (gold helmet navy face mask, white Jersey navy numbers, gold pants).
Looks like you guessed right!