Whiteout Saturday

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Happy The Sopranos GIF

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Why is the coach wearing blue (and the players wearing gold/white/gold) in the announcement?

Also - I guess this is the best way to show off the all new high tech 1 million color LED lighting system at Bobby Dodd? Pure "white" lights?

/

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Why is the coach wearing blue (and the players wearing gold/white/gold) in the announcement?

Also - I guess this is the best way to show off the all new high tech 1 million color LED lighting system at Bobby Dodd? Pure "white" lights?

/
Not sure this has anything to do with what you're addressing, but do the coaches like to wear contrast so players on the field can quickly find them when looking to the sidelines?

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Meh. Why waste this on NIU? Pitt would’ve made sense.
In what way is it wasted? We’re kicking off the season with a game under the lights and trying to generate some excitement. if you create a fun atmosphere in week 1, fans attending may be prompted to come back again this season

Attendance may be better for this game than Pitt as well.

they could have promoted it earlier, sure, but don’t get the comment around “wasted”

hell you could have a second whiteout if you wanted

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
In what way is it wasted? We’re kicking off the season with a game under the lights and trying to generate some excitement. if you create a fun atmosphere in week 1, fans attending may be prompted to come back again this season

they could have promoted it earlier, sure, but don’t get the comment around “wasted”

I agree. Let's get the player's jazzed with a strong showing under the lights, the stadium all white and the energy high. Looks from the weather forecast that's it's going to be an awesome night to be in Bobby Dodd. Lower humidity (for the summer) and a nice breeze. Let's turn it up! LFG.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Because we never do more than one in a year and you might as well use the “drum up excitement” gimmicks on games that actually matter / have decent attendance.

And as you said, you also don’t start marketing it 5 days before the game. The digital tickets don’t say anything about the white out.

We’re gonna end up with about 30k fans wearing white, 15k wearing something else, and 11k empty seats.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand the whole “shoulda announced it sooner” deal. Have you never been a Tech white out? Can you remember a season without a Tech whiteout? Get a white shirt and let’s party
It’s just poor marketing/promotion. A lot of people who will be attending the game won’t be on social media/message boards to even see the whiteout announcement. It just seems hashed together, like they said “oh wait we don’t have a whiteout game scheduled this year.” So they just made it the first game of the year. Even the announcement tweet seems like it wasn’t planned at all. The GT Football account’s gameday graphic makes no mention of the whiteout, and GT Athletics just says whiteout Bobby Dodd. It’s small things like this that cause GT to lag behind other major programs in marketing. Most people who go to the game will probably eventually hear the news about the whiteout before Saturday, but it just could’ve been executed so much better.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Tech fans never disappoint when it comes to complaining! Undefeated national champs in the bitching department!
Really, how long does it take you to buy or find a white shirt? The bookstore will be selling them on GameDay if you don't have one. Or do you have to make a white shirt from the wool of a new born lamb?
Now that you know its a white out game...do what I, as an adult, did...I spread the word to other Tech fans in my phone with a quick text. Its that simple.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Tech fans never disappoint when it comes to complaining! Undefeated national champs in the bitching department!
Really, how long does it take you to buy or find a white shirt? The bookstore will be selling them on GameDay if you don't have one. Or do you have to make a white shirt from the wool of a new born lamb?
Now that you know its a white out game...do what I, as an adult, did...I spread the word to other Tech fans in my phone with a quick text. Its that simple.
And Amazon can be your friend: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=white+georgia+tech+shirt&ref=nb_sb_noss_2