Whitehead update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
As the AJC reported, and I have confirmed...Whitehead did not get his degree from GMC.

He now has to sit out a year and will lose a year of eligibility.

Just wonderful news...but really what else should we expect at this point?

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I tend to be overly optimistic but this makes it tough. It is hard not to think that this will likely cost us in the W-L column as we are just too thin with dual loses at this position.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
This is getting ridiculous! I am a huge CPJ fan he and the staff are doing a great job recruiting this year but this has got to be the worst off season ever.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Why wasn't JHD able to just get his grades up in the Summer and than be eligible again?

I had the same question (altho I think he had not completed enough credits to meet grad progression....not GPA). There must be a magic date whereby progression is measured, otherwise it seems JHD would have had an opportunity to "catch up" in summer school. ???

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pretty sure we don't give a scholly to a kid who won't play right away. Somebody at Tech was responsible for checking this.

What? There's like 5 other Div 1 transfers on the team, all who sat out a year.

And when they signed Whitehead, I bet they all thought he was going to be eligible to play immediately. Sounds like either he or GMC screwed the proverbial pooch.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Gpas dont transfer. It has nothing to do with that. Its techs 1920s philosophy on credit acceptance. Welcome to tech kw.

Was he supposed to graduate or not? I fail to see how that has anything to do with Tech's transfer credit policy.

Did he get the degree everyone said he was supposed to get? That's between him and GMC.