Whitehead update

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I get emotionally wrapped up in a Tech game in progress, sometimes a bit nervous even a couple days beforehand and in a loss I need time to decompress or vent.

But I don't really get all the emotion and melodrama by grown men in this thread or about most of what has happened this off-season. Yeah sure, I get that "bad" things have happened to reduce the players that will be available and that logically can make the games more challenging to win. But the games will still be played with whomever is on the team and eligible (and earns the PT in practice) per usual and I expect them all to try as hard as they can.

On Whitehead, clearly he didn't earn that sno-cone I wanted him to have. That is too bad for him.

At least he isn't in a medically induced coma.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The season wins prediction thread is an amusing reading.
Why, because the future is easy to predict?

I understand being a pessimist and being an optimist. I guess I don't understand emotionally investing in it. Probably means I have read too much Marcus Aurelius to join in.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
This is not a GT problem. He was trying to take a very aggressive load of classes. A couple of them were online classes and he was unable to complete them in time.

Despite the fact that the news is just now coming out, the coaches have known this was a very real possibility for quite some time and have been planning accordingly.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Why, because the future is easy to predict?

I understand being a pessimist and being an optimist. I guess I don't understand emotionally investing in it. Probably means I have read too much Marcus Aurelius to join in.
No, but predicting 10 or more wins seem to come easy.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Chaz Cheeks is now second string.

Part of the reason why I said in a thread months ago that he shouldn't transfer/give up football (which is what others were saying). You never know what's gonna happen.

I don't think he's a world beater or anything but he was making a big position change early on in his career where he had to put on a lot of weight, which slowed his progression. I think he can actually surprise some people, you never know how someone reacts when they see their chance for the first time.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Question from above:
"How did we screw this up?"

What is the "we"? What did GT do? "We did not do anything. "He"did not get his degree.

The AA gave the impression that if he passed his classes he would be eligible to play. There is a claim he passed them. If he passed them and did not get his degree, the AA is at fault for giving a false impression.'

I do not like when you only quote part of my message. It's distorting. I also said someone is lying.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I get emotionally wrapped up in a Tech game in progress, sometimes a bit nervous even a couple days beforehand and in a loss I need time to decompress or vent.

But I don't really get all the emotion and melodrama by grown men in this thread or about most of what has happened this off-season. Yeah sure, I get that "bad" things have happened to reduce the players that will be available and that logically can make the games more challenging to win. But the games will still be played with whomever is on the team and eligible (and earns the PT in practice) per usual and I expect them all to try as hard as they can.

On Whitehead, clearly he didn't earn that sno-cone I wanted him to have. That is too bad for him.

At least he isn't in a medically induced coma.
Nm. Reading comp failure.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The AA gave the impression that if he passed his classes he would be eligible to play. There is a claim he passed them. If he passed them and did not get his degree, the AA is at fault for giving a false impression.'

I do not like when you only quote part of my message. It's distorting. I also said someone is lying.

No one's lying. You just didn't have all the info you thought you did.

Question from above:
"How did we screw this up?"

What is the "we"? What did GT do? "We did not do anything. "He"did not get his degree.

It's amazing to me how quickly our fans jump on the bandwagon to blaming the school for every little that happens to go wrong.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On sides kicks are good too. If you recover them great. If you don't, the D isn't on the field as long.

BTW, this was sarcasm. I think our D will be about as good as last year (30-40th) - the returners will have improved and we'll have to find some Fr to step up. Yes we lost a lot of D players, but Roof is a good coach and will put them in the best places for the team.

I really am thinking that the O and ST need to show up big and we'll be ok (Win Coastal or come close again...... that is an easy prediction based on past performance.)

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow

Apparently he didn't finish an online course. I would assume that resulted in an incomplete. If that is truly the case, then he didn't pass all his classes. I don't see where Tech is culpable here. We are not a football factory, we can't take the classes for him.

It's frustrating. I hate it for KW. I hate it for us because it looks like we really needed this kid to come in and play right now. I hope he can find a way to manage the course work at GT. We don't have an african american studies online course ;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Part of the reason why I said in a thread months ago that he shouldn't transfer/give up football (which is what others were saying). You never know what's gonna happen.

I don't think he's a world beater or anything but he was making a big position change early on in his career where he had to put on a lot of weight, which slowed his progression. I think he can actually surprise some people, you never know how someone reacts when they see their chance for the first time.

Good for him and all, but it's been said a few times that if he played that meant bad things for us. It's ok though since BeastMode42 aka Keshun Freeman is coming in with chip on his shoulder. :punch::mask::rage: