Which of these 3 has mess up college football

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
... of course you are right ... no doubt I'm part of the problem as a FB, MBB, and VB season ticket holder.
I just wish I was close enough to attend a lot of those events. All those are probably less than 2 tickets to a Taylor Swift concert.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
It has nothing to do with dislike of anything.

Let's try this again...

I was responding to the assertion that the players themselves had entertainment value. For at least 90% of them, they do not and the proof is the non existence of entertainment value of the non NFL professional football leagues where the non NFL players (as well as those who cast off from the NFL) play. If the student athletes had entertainment value on their own, those other leagues would be flourishing.

Without the brand and goodwill of college football and the universities of which it is comprised, the student athletes would have virtually no entertainment value. There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise unless you can demonstrate that the players could generate equivalent revenue for an equivalent league that is not college football.
A student athlete "having entertainment value" =/= having a market entertainment value to generate equivalent revenue for an equivalent league. IMO

College football is a behemoth with lots of inputs, outputs, history, power players, personnel, etc. It's a giant system. I don't think isolating market value in the way you're attempting is an accurate measure of "entertainment value". It all works together.

I don't think any Tech fan can dismiss the added "entertainment value" Haynes King and Eric Singleton, Jr. have brought to the team. But how much of that is attributable to them? Or how much to the OC? Or the OL coach? Or the O linemen themselves? All of it is connected. No, the players themselves would not likely be able to start an independent league generating the same revenue but that does not mean they don't have entertainment value.