HDTV or Internet?

• HDTV

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Internet

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
As a diehard GTFB fan for 30+ years, technology has had a profound impact on my ability to follow my Yellow Jackets... I used to call the Bobby Ross Hotline, drive to downtown DC to get a Sunday AJC, watch those few key games that were nationally televised...

The two things that have revolutionized being a football fan (particularly one who cannot easily attend games) is HDTV and the Internet... One brings crystal-clear pictures on ginormous screens, while the other brings year-round, immediate access to information, audio, images, and conversation about the team we love...

I'd hate to lose either, but if you somehow lost one or the other, which would you least like to lose?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, you can get the vast majority of games live on the net. Only certain network's games would be omitted from your viewing pleasure. You can't say the opposite. Selection is limited on HDTV.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Why is this question of "HDTV or Internet" even on the message board? Seems like an odd poll; hardly related to GTSWARM.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
As a diehard GTFB fan for 30+ years, technology has had a profound impact on my ability to follow my Yellow Jackets... I used to call the Bobby Ross Hotline, drive to downtown DC to get a Sunday AJC, watch those few key games that were nationally televised...

The two things that have revolutionized being a football fan (particularly one who cannot easily attend games) is HDTV and the Internet... One brings crystal-clear pictures on ginormous screens, while the other brings year-round, immediate access to information, audio, images, and conversation about the team we love...

I'd hate to lose either, but if you somehow lost one or the other, which would you least like to lose?

while in jax during the bc era i used to drive over 60 miles one way so i could park on us1 and listen to the bb jackets. for EVERY game. i feel your pain.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
while in jax during the bc era i used to drive over 60 miles one way so i could park on us1 and listen to the bb jackets. for EVERY game. i feel your pain.
LOL.. I remember listening to Larry Munson's call of the GT-UGAg BB game on WSB on my car radio... That was the nice thing about early evenings - the skip at the AM band kicked in early enough to hear WSB Lima Charlie...

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL.. I remember listening to Larry Munson's call of the GT-UGAg BB game on WSB on my car radio... That was the nice thing about early evenings - the skip at the AM band kicked in early enough to hear WSB Lima Charlie...
we had the skip and listened to larry lament the beating by wva while driving north on 81 in va.

"bah gawd the wva fans are unconscious in the aisles"