Where will GT go in the NCAA Tourney

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Carolina is a tough baseball program to beat looking back over the years.

I would love to see the Jackets with a 2 seed.
Yes, I believe they currently hold the longest winning steak at home in the nation. There is nothing more I would like if Tech could come here at beat their arses.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I would so love it! my girlfriend when to pharmacy school there.. Her dad thinks USC(e) baseball is ONLY team God has!

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
from what I just saw. We are heading to Gainesville as a second seed. Maryland is going to Columbia

Last time we won the ACC Tourney, when we won as the 8th seed, we were sent to Gainesville. I remember some Florida fans wondering why, as the national number 1 seed, they would get the ACC Champion as the #2 in their region. Of course, we didn't have the pitching depth that year so when we lost the winner's bracket game to UF we were pretty much done.

Personally, I would love for us to be sent to Gainesville so I could go see all the games live. But that wouldn't be the best option for us to make it to the College World Series.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, I believe they currently hold the longest winning steak at home in the nation. There is nothing more I would like if Tech could come here at beat their arses.

Streaks are meant to be broken. The odds of continuing a streak go down as the number goes up.

Anyway, here are the host teams - 3 ACC with UVa, FSU and Miami. http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com...CollegeBaseballDaily+(College+Baseball+Daily)

We'll hear real soon who is in which regional ..... #2 or #3 seed doesn't matter much if we keep hitting and playing well.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
  • Ole Miss
  • Jacksonville St.
  • Georgia Tech
  • Washington
That's a pretty tough draw.

Thanks, I was just looking for that.

#1 seed - Mississippi #13 RPI , #14 ISR
#4 seed - Jacksonville State #90 RPI, #106 ISR

#3 seed - GT #31 RPI, #46 ISR
#2 seed - Washington #24 RPI, #15 ISR

I like to look at ISR since it doesn't do some adjustments that the RPI does. http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/isr/currentisr.html Not that it really matters since both RPI and ISR are whole season average statistics.

The bracket is good from the #1 seed being weak in the 1-16 RPI range, bad from the #2 see being strong in the 17-32 RPI range. We are much better now than our season average. Inquiring minds can check out Mississippi and Washington, it doesn't matter to me.

Just play ball.