Where the haters?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully this doesn’t get merged with another thread.

State your case. This team is LIT and after a faulty NIU game we have our number 1 Qb back.

Thacker and his 3-3-5 is shutting it down and Patenaude is using tempo(fast and slow) to wear down the D and set us up and burn clock.

Now that Sims has asserted himself back we have an ELITE runner and thrower at the helm. No offense to Yates but he doesn’t trot in from 50 out. (In all honesty I didn’t see until later but proves Sims ability) Players make plays and Collins players are doing just that.

Who can’t we beat?!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This was a satisfying performance. While I dont necessarily think we should pull out the 'we bak!' banners just yet, I do recall a great many showing absolutely no restraint in writing our eulogies after week 1.

So I won't throw the challenge flag on ya, OP. Do your thang.

I'll just be over here servin' crow scattered, smothered, and covered to all the FSU fans that proclaimed their process as being vastly superior to ours.

Still waiting for them to reintroduce themselves. Were mighty vocal for a couple days. Now you can't get a peep outta them.

Scubapro

Banned
I'll play. Starting off still can't have two first and goals without a touchdown. After that they played very well.
I am usually only critical of Coach P....and...some clock management.
The defense figured, as far as I can tell, that the UNC QB got lost if the first two pass reads were covered. He was prone to hold the ball and make bad throws. The O scored plenty of points but the D really stepped up this game. How many sacks did we get?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'll play hater...hater of the officiating in this game...one of the worst set of calls against us...at least 5 horrible calls against GT. And we manage to dominate in spite of it all! Hope those officials are held accountable behind the scenes...

I'm still tryna figure how a db can launch his forearms into a receiver's head/neck but have it NOT be targeting.

I mean, heyul, they call everything targeting nowadays. But that was a ok? Really?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I'll play hater...hater of the officiating in this game...one of the worst set of calls against us...at least 5 horrible calls against GT. And we manage to dominate in spite of it all! Hope those officials are held accountable behind the scenes...
Were you at the game? It seems that the people there thought it was much worse than it was. Most balls besides the targeting that was reversed seemed about right. I will go back and watch but it wasn’t too lopsided IMO

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I'm still tryna figure how a db can launch his forearms into a receiver's head/neck but have it NOT be targeting.

I mean, heyul, they call everything targeting nowadays. But that was a ok? Really?
That’s the only call that I referred to I last post that was way off. It stopped our drive and gave the ball back and was HUgE at the moment but our guys weren’t fazed. Can’t wait to watch this game again.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This thread seems to insinuate that starting 7-18 and losing to one of the worst teams in the FBS to start the season wasn't a valid reason to be concerned. I agree that we played great tonight and we can beat nearly everyone left on our schedule. Let's see if we can keep it going. With tonight's performance, it feels like expecting at least a bowl game is reasonable. Lets get there. If nothing else, it squashes the ridiculous arguments of us being too young or not talented enough to be competitive. We can obviously win with the horses we have now.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
One win just like the evening was one loss. A lot of mistakes the first game. Concerned for sure. Seems some things cleaned up. Still overthinking red zone play calls. Enjoy the win and tomorrow start cleaning up the mistakes to really create momentum for the season. It lays in front of the gentleman that represent GT.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Well the haters were right what they ranted about. Tonight we drastically improved the substitutions, the ST play and kicking, the clock management, the inability to score TDs in the red zone, the getting O and D play calls in on time, the sideline confusion making decisions, the questionable play calling, the pre and post penalties, the turnovers and look what happens when those issues are cleaned up. We look like a competitive football team to be proud of. Kudos to the team and coaches. Keep it up.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Good win. Defense looking better every week. Great to see DL getting so much pressure. Main difference on offense is that we embraced running the ball instead of trying to pretend we were a pass heavy team. Not sure why we didn’t do that three years ago, but if we keep at it, we can make some noise.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I just think it's funny to see how much this team has improved over last year and even the first game, then go back and read through these threads from the summer w all the assumption there would be no improvement and we would remain the same team we were last year.

Given the rebuilding dynamics plus the youth of the team, in retrospect, those posters look silly. I thought yall were intelligent engineers? Bc reading through your GT football opinions over the past weeks, months and years says the opposite. Atleast the intelligent part.

Collins is going to do some amazing things GT. Holy hell am I going to enjoy watching the Collins haters try to rationalize it.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Sigh. I find it so sad that some find more pleasure in basking in being 'right' versus other posters than in GT winning the game and looking good in the process.

I'm going to enjoy watching the team get better and potentially play meaningful football for the first time in several years.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I just think it's funny to see how much this team has improved over last year and even the first game, then go back and read through these threads from the summer w all the assumption there would be no improvement and we would remain the same team we were last year.

Given the rebuilding dynamics plus the youth of the team, in retrospect, those posters look silly. I thought yall were intelligent engineers? Bc reading through your GT football opinions over the past weeks, months and years says the opposite. Atleast the intelligent part.

Collins is going to do some amazing things GT. Holy hell am I going to enjoy watching the Collins haters try to rationalize it.

Collins has changed his in game approach these past two games. He's been shouting at the refs. he's been more active, hasn't looked like he was passively managing. He changed something. which is good.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sigh. I find it so sad that some find more pleasure in basking in being 'right' versus other posters than in GT winning the game and looking good in the process.

I'm going to enjoy watching the team get better and potentially play meaningful football for the first time in several years.
I am in agreement with this 100%. I have seen this with the last 2 coaches....where the discussion becomes a wearisome back and forth over who is right. I am sure that 95% of the people who read this board, whether they post or not (you would be surprised at how many don't) do not enjoy it.

It is early in this regime. Can we stop this.???? I don't want each single game to be a referendum on the coach and/or the opportunity for people coming out of the woodwork thumping their chest on how they were wrong and how the other camp was right. Until the very next game, when the outcome is different and here comes the other party. Rinse. lather. repeat. I am certain that others feel the same way as we do @85Escape.

Whatever your opinion of this coach is, isn't enough for you to simply have it and NOT evangelize on this board?????

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’ll eat my crow. I did a lot of groaning after week 1. I’m gladly taking back my complaints and am asking forgiveness from Yellow Jacket Nation. Let’s go.
I also have to eat crow but would like a steak better. I was all over Thacker but that was a great defensive game which I can't remember the last time I saw a Tech great defensive game. The one thing I didn't do was pick a QB ( glad I didn't ) both are Tech players and I have a feeling that we will need both the rest of the game. Now how do I feel about the rest of the year, after yesterday any time can happen , we just need to take in one game at a time
( but remember one thing ALL OF US LIVE AND DIE WITH TECH and loses hurt and you say things you may not mean 5 minutes after you say them)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Collins has changed his in game approach these past two games. He's been shouting at the refs. he's been more active, hasn't looked like he was passively managing. He changed something. which is good.
Stansberry must have had a serious discussion with him after NIU