Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego…um…er…Tashard Choice? (TX?)

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
GT Football has become a ship without a rudder. This is all on Todd. His logic of saving CGC due to the incoming recruiting class will cement his legacy at GT. Will have to see what happens Wednesday ESD.

Been crickets about the DC position even though it was stated we would see change on both sides of the ball.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
GT Football has become a ship without a rudder. This is all on Todd. His logic of saving CGC due to the incoming recruiting class will cement his legacy at GT. Will have to see what happens Wednesday ESD.

Been crickets about the DC position even though it was stated we would see change on both sides of the ball.
To be fair, if TStan did let CGC go, there was still a non zero chance we lose Choice.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly when I heard about this possibility a couple days ago, I wasn’t even mad. This is a great opportunity for Choice and he should absolutely take the job.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Tricky timing and maybe obviously Choice was in a really tough spot. On a personal side, he leaves behind is access to seeing his family members and fellow coaches who he played ball with. Would probably be job shopping at some point next year and obviously has a very strong opportunity on the table working for a great coach. Feels like he is giving up on the all the players on the GT roster. Wonder if this will cause more coaches and players to leave? Outside of Key that’s a entirely new coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
Starting over with so many unknowns. Yes he is quickly building his coaching resume and he is a rising star. He will be a hard one to hold back.
Wonder if Gibbs or Smith follows him to USC?
Early signing period in a few days and a job offer on the table with a deadline. You can tell he loves GT and his job. Wonder if any of our RB on our roster follow him. You know it will be a huge factor with future RB on the radar who he has been recruiting for years. He is leaving HUGE SHOES to fill on the field and on the recruiting trail. Wonder who Long and Collins tap. Just a few hours ago Choice was repping GT and selling recruits on coming to GT and today I am sure he’s already in CA flying around with Riley in a different shirt. I hate that we lost him. Maybe one day he will be back on the FLATS in a larger role.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Certainly not after bringing in a potential retread OC at 800k per year.

Had we cheaped out on the OC, you'd be complaining about that too. See how that works?

Complaining for the sake of complaining is pretty useless. As is spamming every thread with bile. We get it. No one's happy right now. We're just enduring.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Certainly not after bringing in a potential retread OC at 800k per year.
You want an unproven OC? Think about it this way, USC just got a retread running backs coach with no ties to the area to help in recruiting.
It sucks but don't hate the player, hate the game.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A bit of thread cleanup here...posts pertinent to the HC rather than CTC were moved. As always, surgery was not precise.

I hate to see CTC leave. He did a great job and thus earned himself a nice promotion. We talk emotionally here, but how many of have turned down job offers that were double our salaries (or more) due to loyalty to our existing employers? I didn't think so.