Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego…um…er…Tashard Choice? (TX?)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Obviously not my career to make a hard choice between Texas and USC, but I would definitely take a little less money to work and learn from Lincoln Riley over Steve Sarkisian. Of course, there's probably more to it than just football. Choice has history in Texas from his Cowboys days and first coaching job at North Texas.

Still, turning down the opportunity to work with a HC coaching with the hottest offense in football, that's developed as many high level QBs as Riley has would be difficult to turn away from.

Regardless, Choice will be successful no matter what coach he works for, and wherever he ends up. He's just that kind of dude.

Texas is potentially a spring board to a NFL RB coach position (get his money). Truthfully i hope he's somehow paid close to 1 million at texas. Gets them to a point where they can disrupt the SEC ( i wonder how that's goign to work are they both joingint eh SEC west then are they moving Alabama and Auburn to the east, because that's what i'd do, i'd be gunning for big money matchup between bama or georgia it basically frees up UGA for more matches with SEC east teams by movign their cross rifle into division with auburn and immediately fixes the SEC least. It also does increase yoru chance for a 1 loss highly ranked SEC team sitting out the championship and increased the likelyhood for a 2 team playoff entry.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
If you’re a younger guy consider a career in coaching. Very lucrative and essentially will be in demand if decent.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable! What a HOT commodity we had here on the FLATS. Goes to show you that GT once again, much like with Gibbs @RB before the OL was established, we had a GreaT RB coach in Choice yet the GT and staff as a whole wasn’t ready to contain him. We were bound to lose him to more money and greener pastures sooner rather than later. Is interesting though that Choice would leave Riley on such short notice and may have burnt some bridges there in the process? Wonder if he is now making 4-5 times his GT salary now? Anyone know. I assume that UT had to pay Choice’s buyout so I imagine it cost UT some money in penalties as well?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable! What a HOT commodity we had here on the FLATS. Goes to show you that GT once again, much like with Gibbs @RB before the OL was established, we had a GreaT RB coach in Choice yet the GT and staff as a whole wasn’t ready to contain him. We were bound to lose him to more money and greener pastures sooner rather than later. Is interesting though that Choice would leave Riley on such short notice and may have burnt some bridges there in the process? Wonder if he is now making 4-5 times his GT salary now? Anyone know. I assume that UT had to pay Choice’s buyout so I imagine it cost UT some money in penalties as well?
I hate our fans. They're the biggest idiots on the planet. No wonder we never have anything nice for more than a moment.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
But he has to live in sh—hole state of Texas ☹️

Texas is a great state...depending on where you live. I was in Houston for the World Series. LOVE Houston...it's changed a lot. Same can be said about ALMOST any state.

Back to Tashard. The fact that he had TWO big time programs bidding for his services tells you what kind of coach he is. Great recruiter (IMO, our best recruiter), and great developer of talent. On top of that, he's just a really good dude. Anyone who is surprised by any of this just isn't paying attention. Most of us knew it was just a matter of time for the factories to come knocking on his door. It's not a money thing either...there are quite a few big money donors that would have gladly helped GT to retain Choice. You just don't beat an opportunity to coach for a Lincoln Riley at USC or Sarkisian at Texas. Plus, all the losing probably didn't help GT. Let's be honest, unless CGC gets GT to a bowl game next season, every single coach on our staff will probably be searching for a job next year. Choice just made a wise business decision to further his career.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck

Man, you’re a killjoy. Can’t we be happy for a Tech Coach and Alumni? Means he was a good hire and he left in good terms with Tech. I’ve said it before, this is an upgrade for Choice. He wants to be a HC one day. Hopefully at Tech. But he has to make moves and move up when he’s given the chance. He didn’t leave because he hates Tech, he left because he’s smart and sees opportunity. I, for one, am happy for him and I hope he remembers how Tech football helped to put him on the map. I’m sure he’ll repay the favor to us. Although, you sound like you want to take a rain check.