Where has this version of James Graham been all year?

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Competition is king. Whoever takes the job takes the job.

Young guys develop. A kid who isnt ready out of camp may come in midseason and light it up. Then everyone will say Patenaude should be fired for not starting the kid all along.

Really a no win situation for the OC. If he sticks with a guy people will complain the other QBs dont get a chance. If he plays multiple QBs fans will be pissed he didnt stick with one guy.

All the while we work feverishly to get our OL up to snuff. Transfers will help but combined OL starts is THE metric. OL who have played together communicate better/have better chemistry. They are the foundation upon which QB play is based.

Grahm will throw better intermediate routes when he improves his footwork. To improve footwork you need to have faith that you have time to set your feet. To have faith you need more consistent pass pro.

Mahomes went from goat to mvp when SF's rush faded in Qtr 4. Just sayin'.

All I can say is the spring game should be fun to watch for this reason.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Competition is king. Whoever takes the job takes the job....

Yep. I just saw that Jeff Scott, late OC at Clemson now HC at South Florida, declared every position open, including, including all those with returning starters, and said he would watch no 2019 tape. (And oddly enough apparently has talked to more potential donors than Charlie Strong did in three years. Toting that Swinney HC gene around.)

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Competition is king. Whoever takes the job takes the job.

Young guys develop. A kid who isnt ready out of camp may come in midseason and light it up. Then everyone will say Patenaude should be fired for not starting the kid all along.

Really a no win situation for the OC. If he sticks with a guy people will complain the other QBs dont get a chance. If he plays multiple QBs fans will be pissed he didnt stick with one guy.

All the while we work feverishly to get our OL up to snuff. Transfers will help but combined OL starts is THE metric. OL who have played together communicate better/have better chemistry. They are the foundation upon which QB play is based.

Grahm will throw better intermediate routes when he improves his footwork. To improve footwork you need to have faith that you have time to set your feet. To have faith you need more consistent pass pro.

Mahomes went from goat to mvp when SF's rush faded in Qtr 4. Just sayin'.

Competition is king, I agree. I trust that CDP. Key, and Collins will put the best QB in the game to win the game. It is my opinion that Yates will not be that guy...unless he improves tremendously. He most certainly can. This isn't a knock on JY. Just my opinion from watching his gamefilm.