Where has this version of James Graham been all year?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
@33jacket @yeti92 we can go maybe half his fault

Both were read options leaving the DE unblocked as the read key. The first one is on Howard for not even going to the mesh

giphy.gif

Same play here. Graham see the DE crashing on the RB and attempted to pull and got blown up

giphy.gif

Damn, Jerry did not go to the mesh and then did not block anyone. Geez. On the second one was Mason supposed to get the ball? Looks like that one may be on James. Blown up is right, like the Hindenburg.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
He has upside, but needs to work on ball security and hitting short to mid range passes. He missed two easy ones last night that would have likely went for touchdowns.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I really have no problem with Graham, my problem is still P'nut too many long passes on 1st down if you want to pass try some medium to short passes more. And maybe it's just me but it seems like 80 percent to the time on 3th and long all we do is a run. And yes I understand the defense is teeing off but maybe a screen pass would slow them down.
Have we run any screens this year ??

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw an interview on field with him just after the game. He was still fired up and excited said TTEO, “a great game, we hung together”. And then he breathlessly said “we’ll build on this and gonna win next week!”

At least his mind is rite!

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally believe he is hot/cold because of the play calling.

He's hot and cold because he's a redshirt freshman who still has a long way to develop. He wouldn't be starting on any other team in the ACC. I doubt he would be the backup on half of them.

But he's getting better. The o line seems to be getting better. Which will help James more than anything.

Blaming the state of our offense on playcalling is absurd.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The one other guy I can think of who improved his passing over time was Tevin, but people didnt give him credit because he didnt throw a pretty ball.

JT actually got better. in 2016 he was throwing into tighter windows because he had to. Smelter and Waller made the 2014 stats better but mechanically Jet made some next level throws in 2016 in the medium game he missed at times in 2014. In 2015 he was constantly under duress so hard to tell. Honestly the best thrower we had that was a casualty of jet being jet was Byerly. He had a great release, and great placement.

example

outside shoulder ball placement against a covered reciever over top. he floats this its incomplete or an INT he short arms its incomplete.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
JT actually got better. in 2016 he was throwing into tighter windows because he had to. Smelter and Waller made the 2014 stats better but mechanically Jet made some next level throws in 2016 in the medium game he missed at times in 2014. In 2015 he was constantly under duress so hard to tell. Honestly the best thrower we had that was a casualty of jet being jet was Byerly. He had a great release, and great placement.

example

outside shoulder ball placement against a covered reciever over top. he floats this its incomplete or an INT he short arms its incomplete.

Good call, I can see that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They have won 4 games this year, and were still in contention to go bowling until last nights game.

They were an average ACC team at 4-2 but after the BC beatdown they have lost every game to good teams, bad teams, and ordinary teams. Right now beating NC State, while a feather in our cap, is not earth shattering. After all, we were favored and at home. There was no way NC State was going to get two wins to go bowling with the injuries they have had and a coach like Doeren.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
It was nice to see Patenaude open it up and let him run the ball more. He's an excellent athlete, and we truly haven't utilized enough this year. Played a good game, but he still needs to improve greatly throwing the football.