Where has this version of James Graham been all year?

Deleted member 2897

He was 1/5 for 9 yards on the second half. He’s still a Freshman, and we’re still down 4 of our top 7 OL from last year. We also have Freshman and Sophomores at WR and Freshman and Sophomores at RB. He has a high ceiling and he’ll keep getting better than he already is. And we have Yates and Gleason to back him up. We will get there.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
You got to like Graham talent he has a strong arm and delivers a nice deep ball and how accurate he is on anything past 20 yards most of the time is pretty impressive for a Freshman. The frustrating thing though is usually its the deep and intermediate routes Freshman QBs struggle with accuracy on for him it's all the short passes and this TEAM for it's struggles could really use him delivering those high% type passes at least catch-able but he seems to under throw or overthrew those alot. That's all mechanics and learning to get more touch at times something he can definitely grow into. This offense plain sucked first 3-4 games and since then it's been a constant rollercoaster of ups and downs quarter by quarter but there's improvement there for sure. The porous O-line play, inaccurate QB play, and play-calling all have a hand in that you can only hope that in off-season that depth/talent at O-line continue to improve guys like Quinney continue to bulk up and develop and Graham gets a little more comfortable in the short game and that maybe helps the overall results including play-calling

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Graham has bene like this whole season...two steps forward, then one step back...then two steps forward, then one step back. Miami was a step forward, UVa was a step forward...VT was a step back...first half two steps forward, 2nd half one step back....

Just hope the progression continues next season. At this point, we know he is athletic and has great potential...but that is all we know for sure.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Definitely has developed over the course of a season. Will be easier for him if the line can improve next year.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
He needs to work with Quincy but Yates may not be appreciative of that.

Let’s hope an offseason where he can study the offense and devote the time to work on his mechanics will pay off. He gets sloppy with his footwork and will rush his throws.

He’s also not much of a believer in the check down. Bombs away.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Graham has bene like this whole season...two steps forward, then one step back...then two steps forward, then one step back. Miami was a step forward, UVa was a step forward...VT was a step back...first half two steps forward, 2nd half one step back....

Just hope the progression continues next season. At this point, we know he is athletic and has great potential...but that is all we know for sure.

In visual form! JG's passer rating by game. Up and down, with a definite upward trend.

upload_2019-11-22_8-46-44.png

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Graham has enough good qualities and abilities to make me believe that the future is bright.

I mean - good lord people, he’s freshman playing behind a terrible OLine, a center who doesn’t even snap the ball accurately, and a bozo OC who waited until now to consistently run zone-read option plays with TO personnel.

Today He missed 2 throws and had that stupid fumble. But he’s got a great arm, can thread the needle, and is a very good runner.
Wait a minute! are saying the center that made a horrible snap in a shot gun form. against Va. T. If so that center was S. Morgan NOT Lay who I believe as a walk on who by all means has totally surprised me with good work as a guy that was not figured to even play much less start!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
He has got to stop fumbling. The last one almost cost us the game. I think our quarterback of the future is currently in high school.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
neither of those fumbles were on him

I would disagree. The fake handoff to the RB, which never got to the mesh point, was a fake handoff and QB scramble play; the DL punched it out cuz he didn't secure it fast enough or properly given the pressure situation was on Graham IMO. That was his bad. It wasn't a bad mesh, because it wasn't even a mesh. Now, you could say the OL turned a guy loose...but thats football. It happens. You can't fumble there. That one to me was on him