Where do we go from here?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Marshall has an reputation for being an *ss and tough to work with at times. Johnson has a somewhat similar reputation.
He also has a reputation as being one of the best X and O guys in the business and I think if he leaves he will wait for a blue blood job.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not to bring up one of everyone's favorite topics, but it dawns on me that 1 struggle we'll have bringing that 1st Choice coach is sneaker company affiliations. If a coach is a Nike guy, that could cause problems down the road.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not to bring up one of everyone's favorite topics, but it dawns on me that 1 struggle we'll have bringing that 1st Choice coach is sneaker company affiliations. If a coach is a Nike guy, that could cause problems down the road.

Wait, Hewitt was technically a Nike coach wasn't he?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Having a feeling we'll see Cremins finish out the season at some point. Would almost be more merciful than forcing CBG to keep going out there.

He was uncharacteristically animated today. Pressure seems to be getting to him. Sad to see.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly, even if he was willing to do it, I'm not sure Bobby taking over this team to finish the season would be doing right by them or him. You've effectively stuck them with a substitute teacher who'll disappear soon enough and potentially set Bobby up in a position to fail, if we kept losing games, tarnishing his reputation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Honestly, even if he was willing to do it, I'm not sure Bobby taking over this team to finish the season would be doing right by them or him. You've effectively stuck them with a substitute teacher who'll disappear soon enough and potentially set Bobby up in a position to fail, if we kept losing games, tarnishing his reputation.

I'd agree if the situation were any different. He'd be coming in to be the substitute teacher with every expectation that comes with that. IOW, who cares if he loses games. Due to the situation, there'd be no tarnishing of his rep. He'd basically be a caretaker and everyone knows it. If anything, his rep would be enhanced IMO.

You don't think the current players would benefit from having him even for a short time? Appointing some other random guy to finish out the season would injure the school imminently more.