Where do we go from here?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure firing BG is wise. He's a great guy doing his best. He is simply coming up way short of acceptable. What a shame to have to face that fact. But, he doesn't deserve that level of disrespect.

What I hope will happen is that he will step aside. It would certainly be a negotiated move and would save him further embarrassing losses. This may be the worst, but most certainly will not be the last lopsided game he has to suffer through. The team has to be wondering how they could be this bad.

I was late sitting down to watch and stayed out of the chat. Way to painful. I know the competition is stronger now, but did anyone think, back in November, that we could be so thoroughly outclassed in every phase of a game? The thing is, this game was inevitable. Our trend line was pointing here weeks ago.

Unless he resigns, I am almost certain he will survive the season. I cannot see Bobinski canning him mid-season.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he will get fired during the year. I don't think anyone realized how truly awful our guard play is. People thought Tadric was good and that MGH would breakout.

Beating uga was a surprise and people thought team would be ok.

However if we lose to BC I think he is gone. I expect a 3-15 ACC record which is absolutely awful for coach in 4th year.

slugboy

Staff member
What surprises me is that we haven't won any ACC games (or a game in 2015). We should have been able to beat Pitt or Syracuse, and the Wake loss is awful.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I know GT has too much class to fire a guy mid season, but firing this guy is warranted.
28pts total setting an ACC Alltime low !!
He should be ashamed to show his face. He's the worse offensive coach I've ever seen.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I know GT has too much class to fire a guy mid season, but firing this guy is warranted.
28pts total setting an ACC Alltime low !!
He should be ashamed to show his face. He's the worse offensive coach I've ever seen.
Al Groh says hi.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What do our kids deserve? It seems they're scared to shoot and losing confidence every game.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Why you can't fire this guy mid season??
JMO here. But, aside from money/contract etc... I get the feeling that Bobinski is a man that gives a coach ample time to turn it around. In other words I don't think Bobinski is the type of AD that fires mid-season but lets you finish the assignment and see what the end result is. With that being said, I feel Gregory will be let go at the end of the season.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am not sure firing BG is wise. He's a great guy doing his best. He is simply coming up way short of acceptable. What a shame to have to face that fact. But, he doesn't deserve that level of disrespect.

What I hope will happen is that he will step aside. It would certainly be a negotiated move and would save him further embarrassing losses. This may be the worst, but most certainly will not be the last lopsided game he has to suffer through. The team has to be wondering how they could be this bad.

I was late sitting down to watch and stayed out of the chat. Way to painful. I know the competition is stronger now, but did anyone think, back in November, that we could be so thoroughly outclassed in every phase of a game? The thing is, this game was inevitable. Our trend line was pointing here weeks ago.

Unless he resigns, I am almost certain he will survive the season. I cannot see Bobinski canning him mid-season.

The team needs to come together without any coaches around and decide that they are going to get their **** together and stopped getting embarrassed. These guys have to be more talented than they look. They seem to lack the desire to do their best. If this is their best, the school needs their schollies back.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You can, but what do you gain from it? You don't do it just for the hell of it.

A interim isn't going to get this team to a post season, and he isn't going to improve the 2015 recruiting class. But......you need to make the move right after the ACCT and get moving with your first 3-4 choices.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unlike Lane Kiffin, every account of BG is that he's a good person, classy guy. Unless he flat out shirks his responsibility, which he has not done yet, you give him the respect of letting him finish out the season.

As others have said, you have nothing to gain by firing him now and who's to say that MBob hasn't set a goal previously for him to stay or hasn't started inquiring with certain coaches.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to fire him mid season but I hope m-bob is talking to other coaches now (if it's legal) so that we can set something up asap after that coach gets done, so we can start recruiting. We need someone with some fire and some passion and we need someone that can recruit like Hewitt.