When does Pastner feel heat

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I'm disappointed too. Gave ND their first ACC win. Still have patience, but that's only because I only watch the scores sometimes while doing other things.

If baseball sucked this bad, I'd be really depressed.
Holy snopes Batman! The baseball team hasn't won a game since last June! And they lost to Campbell! :eek:

Basketball is very not good right now.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Regan Steaming GIF by 1 Play Sports

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It was the Hewitt CONTRACT that was our undoing, not his firing....

Unless he chooses to forgo his contract to take a position at another school, at that point the other school becomes responsible for his buyout agreement. If I didn't word that correctly feel free to correct/elaborate

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Per the AJC Article:

"Pastner, who had two years left on his deal after leading the Yellow Jackets to the ACC championship and NCAA Tournament last season, was given a three-year extension, through the 2025-26 season...

...Pastner’s contract called for a $2 million salary for the 2020-21 academic year, and he was scheduled to make $2.2 million for the 2021-22 year on his original contract"

We did the same damn thing Clemson did after Brownell went to the sweet sixteen with a team of seniors. It does not specify if the buyout was reset or not. Regardless the buyout isn't the issue, available funds following firing Collins, hiring a new football coach and firing Pastner to find a GOOD coach to replace him is going to be the issue. For instance, last season Missouri lured Dennis Gates from Cleveland State for $2.75MM. Did they overpay? Maybe, but they are a top 25 team already and Gates brought See-Why with him. Is the budget there to hire a quality coach who can then put together a staff that can compete with the likes of Cincinnati (Chad Dollar), Indiana (Yasir Rosemund) Korey McCray (Florida) along with CY, Coach Hayes at GaST? Or better yet, poach one of those guys for a two birds one stone type victory?

Doubtful.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Per the AJC Article:

"Pastner, who had two years left on his deal after leading the Yellow Jackets to the ACC championship and NCAA Tournament last season, was given a three-year extension, through the 2025-26 season...

...Pastner’s contract called for a $2 million salary for the 2020-21 academic year, and he was scheduled to make $2.2 million for the 2021-22 year on his original contract"

We did the same damn thing Clemson did after Brownell went to the sweet sixteen with a team of seniors. It does not specify if the buyout was reset or not. Regardless the buyout isn't the issue, available funds following firing Collins, hiring a new football coach and firing Pastner to find a GOOD coach to replace him is going to be the issue. For instance, last season Missouri lured Dennis Gates from Cleveland State for $2.75MM. Did they overpay? Maybe, but they are a top 25 team already and Gates brought See-Why with him. Is the budget there to hire a quality coach who can then put together a staff that can compete with the likes of Cincinnati (Chad Dollar), Indiana (Yasir Rosemund) Korey McCray (Florida) along with CY, Coach Hayes at GaST? Or better yet, poach one of those guys for a two birds one stone type victory?

Doubtful.

Hayes feels about like a no-brainer to me. Just have to look past the Uga ties, which folks should.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
True, but that's why the St. John's back out was so painful.
When someone you hate quits, need to get that resignation letter signed and copies made asap. Every damn Manager that's been around more than a year & is even remotely competent knows that.

It's the competent part we've been missing.