When did JT Win You Over?

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Southern. I'll never forget standing in the student end zone when he eluded the pass rush and threw that pass to clench it. When he made 4th and 15 at VT, I had hope instead of resignation before the snap because of that play.
This won me over also.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I had to see him play before I was "won over."

But, I can remember during his Freshman year that Paul said (during a press conference) that JT had "...that 'it' factor. A swagger about him that the good ones have." And, coming from Paul this was like him throwing a party about Justin. In context, he was clearly paying a compliment and not criticizing. That piqued my interest.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw him play on TV against Carver High School in Montgomery. That school always has Stephenson High School-like talent. When I saw him running away from those guys like he was my mouth dropped. I had no idea that he was even on our radar but was just amazed at what he was doing to those guys. When I found out that he was the Justin Thomas that was coming to Tech I told all of my UGA relatives that he was going to be "The One"

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I liked him when he was in high school (I attended Prattville a few years before his time). His athleticism at that level was crazy. My dad still goes to all the games and called me one night. He told me the QB for Prattville would be great in our O. After watching his tape I was all aboard the Smoov train.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I liked him when he was in high school (I attended Prattville a few years before his time). His athleticism at that level was crazy. My dad still goes to all the games and called me one night. He told me the QB for Prattville would be great in our O. After watching his tape I was all aboard the Smoov train.

Any (non-rap video) vids of those games online anywhere? Wow, it must have been like watching 21 guys on regular DVR and 1 in fast-forward.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Yes, he's number 5. Stanhope (the opponent) is our local rival. The schools are only a couple miles apart, and the games have gotten NASTY.
This has his 2010 high lights: http://247sports.com/player/justin-thomas-801
You said, "Wow, it must have been like watching 21 guys on regular DVR and 1 in fast-forward". Quite a few of those highlights look exactly like that.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
For me it was when he described the "4th and 15" play against VT after the question had been asked about the pressure he felt given the magnitude of the situation. His answer was to the effect of " I just tried to execute the play, I didn't care what down it was"
The Orange Bowl

Shaun Boatwright

Georgia Tech Fan
For me it was when he described the "4th and 15" play against VT after the question had been asked about the pressure he felt given the magnitude of the situation. His answer was to the effect of " I just tried to execute the play, I didn't care what down it was"

I didn't realize we had a special player till after the FSU game last year.