When did JT Win You Over?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For me it was when he described the "4th and 15" play against VT after the question had been asked about the pressure he felt given the magnitude of the situation. His answer was to the effect of " I just tried to execute the play, I didn't care what down it was"

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
For me it was the Miami game in 2013. He came into a bad situation and was making good progress until getting knocked out of the game. You could see he wasn't comfortable with the offense, but you could see his skill/determination.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
For me it was when he described the "4th and 15" play against VT after the question had been asked about the pressure he felt given the magnitude of the situation. His answer was to the effect of " I just tried to execute the play, I didn't care what down it was"

This exact play was when i realized he had brass balls

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
For me it was that Syracuse game in 13'. He was electrifying. But I always thought he would have ball control issues and not be a good passer...I was pretty damn wrong lol.
Me too! I especially liked it that he had ignored Coach's orders about falling down if he got a scoring opportunity. Never miss a chance is my motto. I was glad to see that it was JT's too.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
VT the long run that was called back by a bs illegal block call along the sideline. DB had a perfect angle I still have no idea how JT was able to get by him with such a subtle move.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
after he drove the team the length of the field against Ga Southern, kept his cool, avoided the blitzing linebacker and threw a game winning strike to Deon Hill. I knew if he could do that after the offense had been shut down for almost the entire second half that he was the guy to take us to special places...

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
Holding his head in his hands for two minutes and watching uga put up what should have been the game winning touchdown, then coming right back with the confidence to scramble for butkers 53 yard chip shot.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
When he accidentally broke that big run against Syracuse and thought about trying not to score (If I am remembering the game correctly, it could have been UVA it happened to).

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Southern. I'll never forget standing in the student end zone when he eluded the pass rush and threw that pass to clench it. When he made 4th and 15 at VT, I had hope instead of resignation before the snap because of that play.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
When he committed, I was "committed" so to speak. I was particularly intrigued by an offhand remark he made to his father about Tech being the right choice for him. In so many words: The people are different, the school is different... I think he was comparing Tech's unique culture and football to the usual run of the mill factory. A interesting young man.