What's your game plan to beat UGA?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Add some option/rocket tosses to the play book. They won't have prepared for it. A few well-timed blitzes might work, if we gamble and bring the house. Maybe some delayed blitzes, too. Whatever we do, we need to do something we haven't done yet. We've got to find ways of keeping off balance. Take chances. Gamble on fourth down. Don't be afraid to sling it. Play like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain, because we do.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Set my flux capacitor to Nov. 26, 2016.

Flux Capacitor.jpg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’ve watched parts of several of uga’s games, they beat the other team down with their overwhelming defense, serial 3 and outs and then before you know it your defensive guys are gassed and down 3 scores. Mizzu really took it to them and i have no idea how they scored so many points?

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said it about UNC and, as Kentucky showed, it applies even more to them: play good D and sit on the ball like a slug. The less time their O has on the field, the better our chances. Further, again as our friends up north showed, it doesn't take a lights out O effort, provided you keep them off the field. Their plan for us is obvious. It's the same as for all their opponents so far: choke off the run, force the opposing O off the field, hand it over to their O, do long drives, score. Our plan must be to keep the ball in our hands as long as possible. It would be nice to score, but the main thing is to limit their opportunities to do so. Then the game can come down to mistakes. They didn't make them against Kentucky and they are due.

I'm not sure we can do that. But I thought UNC would win by 21 so obviously, again, I'm a fan, not a coach. Let's see what happens.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
A big nasty rain storm turning the field into a mess would be helpful. Heavy rain during the game would be even better. Really crappy winds, too.

All we need is a mutt player or two to get injured early on, nothing serious just enough to take a couple of them out of the game as a precaution. Not saying do it on purpose, but need some divine intervention- twisted ankle, tweaked knee, etc. None of these guys want to lose $$ getting hurt playing GT & after a couple end up in sweats, the rest will tighten up.

Next we'll need 6+ drives of more than 12 plays. On one of these we need a TD, another a FG. The other 4 we just need to eat time.

We'll need 2 turnovers, one preferably already in scoring position. A pick 6 or fumble return for TD would be awesome, but at least a FG.

40 mins time of possession is probably needed to win. Let them have the ball 6 times. 2 turnovers, we stop them twice and they only score on 2 drives. Ideally a TD and a FG.

That's 13 or 17 pts for us & Thacker needs to hold them under that. Ky Jelly held them to 16. It can be done.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
This sounds crazy but I get a funny feeling about this game. Run the ball as much as you can, bleed the clock, mix in some short passes, run the QB from Clemson which gives you an extra blocker and hope for 2-3 turnovers. Our D is tough and although on paper it seems a tough task, the D seems to usually find a way to keep us hanging around for at least 3 quarters. Special teams needs to be on point. Lots of doing little things right in this game with GA having a bad day could give us a chance, not to mention the players will be fighting to keep Key.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
there is no game plan that will result in beating UGA this year. The DWAGS will beat the brakes off the Wreck. The ONLY way GT stays within 45 is if UGA puts in their 3rd stringers to rest 1st string or to avoid injury. I'm a TECH man but even smelling 2 td's against UGA is a pipe dream.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
there is no game plan that will result in beating UGA this year. The DWAGS will beat the brakes off the Wreck. The ONLY way GT stays within 45 is if UGA puts in their 3rd stringers to rest 1st string or to avoid injury. I'm a TECH man but even smelling 2 td's against UGA is a pipe dream.
This is a correct statement. I wish that UNC was the #13 team in the nation, but they are not. That said, I am LOVING the effort. Out side of a 5 turnover game, I’m afraid we will be right under or over the spread.

JacketFan137

Banned
putting $100 on us to win by 40. paying probably a million to one odds. i’ll use that money to become a booster and hire whoever i want. gameplan doesn’t matter we’re winning it by 10000

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
A big nasty rain storm turning the field into a mess would be helpful. Heavy rain during the game would be even better. Really crappy winds, too.
Might empty out the stadium a bit and reduce the home field advantage, too. Couldn't hurt.

One other option (We keep using that word. I dinna think it means...nah, too easy.): COVID shuts the Dogs down for the week and they have to cancel. They could be cleared in time to play LSU.

I'd be so okay with that.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Might empty out the stadium a bit and reduce the home field advantage, too. Couldn't hurt.

One other option (We keep using that word. I dinna think it means...nah, too easy.): COVID shuts the Dogs down for the week and they have to cancel. They could be cleared in time to play LSU.

I'd be so okay with that.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm pulling the fire alarm in the UGA team hotel all night long....

In all seriousness, I think that if UGA decides to run the ball against us then we won't be able to stop them. Opponents trying to remain balanced on offense has been our defense's saving grace in several games this year. If we can sell out to create chaos in their backfield we might just create enough negative plays to keep them from marching downfield. On offense, P running that wildcat is our best hope. We're going to have to luck out and convert a lot of 3rd and 4/5 type situations. Limit possessions and control the clock. If everything goes our way, there's a chance with a 13-10 type final score.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm pulling the fire alarm in the UGA team hotel all night long....

I think that if UGA decides to run the ball against us then we won't be able to stop them.
Blitz up the middle and catch them in the backfield.

But maybe you should try that fire alarm thing, in case that doesn't work.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
If you can do that, he will start making mistakes. Not many teams have been able to get to him though.
Well, we've got a lot of different blitz packages on film. I think at some point or another this season that we've dropped every DL into coverage and brought pressure from every LB and DB. We'll have to confuse them with sending someone else... let's get their TEs to blitz themselves. They'll never see it coming.