What's your game day traditions?

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
WHAT DAY IS IT???? ITS GAME DAY!!!
Tomorrow morning I will get up around 7 get ready pack car and then head over to pick up my father who is 89 and a life long Tech Fan...... 8 decades of Georgia Tech Football... from Coach Alex to Johnson he has seen them all....... he took classes at Tech after WWII. then Southern Tech had some sorta program that fast tracked vets.. so he graduated from there and spent 40 years at Lockheed Martin.........he looks forward to the season and I cherish the opportunity to share the time with him as we cheer on the Jackets....we will tail gate by Yellow Jacket Ally and we look forward to the team arriving.. greeting them...we will see several friends and have a large Vodka or two before the morning games and the bourbon will flow when we are lucky enough for an afternoon game.....head to the stadium about an hour before game... it takes a little longer these days ...watch band come down hill...then into stadium he likes to watch the team warm up and see old friends Go Jackets

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
WHAT DAY IS IT???? ITS GAME DAY!!!
Tomorrow morning I will get up around 7 get ready pack car and then head over to pick up my father who is 89 and a life long Tech Fan...... 8 decades of Georgia Tech Football... from Coach Alex to Johnson he has seen them all....... he took classes at Tech after WWII. then Southern Tech had some sorta program that fast tracked vets.. so he graduated from there and spent 40 years at Lockheed Martin.........he looks forward to the season and I cherish the opportunity to share the time with him as we cheer on the Jackets....we will tail gate by Yellow Jacket Ally and we look forward to the team arriving.. greeting them...we will see several friends and have a large Vodka or two before the morning games and the bourbon will flow when we are lucky enough for an afternoon game.....head to the stadium about an hour before game... it takes a little longer these days ...watch band come down hill...then into stadium he likes to watch the team warm up and see old friends Go Jackets
Awesome!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
As a guy who lives several states away... most of my gamedays go down in comfort of my home. ...usually alone (with no one to turn to), a pillow fort & the fetal position seem to be my "go-to".

....don't knock it until you've tried it.

But enough about when we play clempson...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For us retired out of towners, it starts on Friday. Stop at Varsity

20180831_124200.jpg

Wife gives me her fries!.
WALK UP where player parents , get in early and watch coach visit w security guys before interviews

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Usually, I start the day by convincing myself that Tech has turned the corner and is reascending to its rightful place of football prominence. Then, in the spirit of balance and fairness, after about half of the games are over, I pat myself on the back for my astute observation and after about the other half, I kick the dog and lament that not a whole lot has changed over the last 40 years...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Usually, I start the day by convincing myself that Tech has turned the corner and is reascending to its rightful place of football prominence. Then, in the spirit of balance and fairness, after about half of the games are over, I pat myself on the back for my astute observation and after about the other half, I kick the dog and lament that not a whole lot has changed over the last 40 years...

LMAO!!! What did the dog do to deserve that? Unless it's an in bred solid white English bulldog of course :rolleyes:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Since moving to Seattle my game day tradition has become rolling out of bed a few minutes before kickoff and struggling to make an Irish Coffee before the game starts. I root for non noon kick offs solely so I can wake up later.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sadly, this will be the first year I can’t do it, but my gameday tradition was waking up early (since all our games are nooners), putting on my dri-fit and shorts, drinking a lot of water, putting on a band uniform, watching College Gameday, heading to the Campanile, warming up, sprinting to the library steps, dancing on the library steps, sprinting to the library, playing “Bud”, marching down the hill playing “White & Gold” into “Ramble”, playing some songs outside the stadium, running into the tunnel, participating in the secret trombone ritual, and singing “To HELL With georgia” with the rest of the band before taking the field for Pregame. It was exhausting as hell, but man do I miss it.