What would you have done?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Continuing the replays... what would you have done.

The DE hit the BB. The read should have been to keep and not give to the BB. The OLB was coming right for the QB. In other plays, the QB does a fast pitch to the AB. Here I think the OLB is too fast and the QB decided to hand off to prevent loss of yards.

I could have miss-called this as a 3TO... feel free to correct me: )

Byerly is better than most think, but he is probably not as good as I think.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If it was a TO I think #46 should cause a pull of the ball from the BB and #12 crashing the QB should have resulted in a pitch to the AB. If done correctly would have been a big play as the other AB had the angle to block #1. But that is a big IF as you never know if the play call was just a BB give. There is no way of telling the difference between a TO read to the BB or a just a straight BB give.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@Longestday thank you thank you etc while I may not always agree, I like the videos to compare.

It invites us to ask questions about our both our O and their D.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The DE hadn't yet committed to the Bback at the mesh point so if this was a triple (and not a called dive), the give is the correct read. #12, Demond Smith, blitzes and gets in the backfield in a hurry. If Byerly pulls and tries to do anything, he's sacked or fumbles. There's really no time to get off a quick pitch unless Byerly is super human.

Btw, I really like how we're throwing "the kitchen sink" at our qb's in simulated game situations. They'll only be better for it when the bullets are real.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not an easy play, but yeah, if he can get it off. Also, the playside Aback has to get his block on the safety. If you watch the end of the play, Zenon, the playside Aback, tries to do exactly that and whiffs badly on IJ.
Whiffs because he blocks way too early. He is not reading the db's actions to rb.
How does oFf side lb runs down the ab during his cut

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Notice that between the first and third play we slowed down the olb by not motioning the AB prior to the snap. The second play does not look like a TO.