What would you do as a recruiter

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If you were pursuing an athlete for GT for another sport lets say, either baseball or basketball to offer a scholarship to and he said, I am a bulldog during football season.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If you were pursuing an athlete for GT for another sport lets say, either baseball or basketball to offer a scholarship to and he said, I am a bulldog during football season.
Since he said bulldog I would have to guess he was a Miss State fan due to the fact a uga fan can't say it that way, so I would tell him I'm not looking for you to play football but basketball.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Still pursue him. It would be stupid to disqualify a recruit who could contribute to a team simply because they like a certain football team. It would be like rejecting a 5-star football recruit simply because he liked UGA basketball. I don't care what team he likes to watch in his free time. For all I care he can be a Russia soccer fan. If he's good enough to be a scholarship player, then your personal whims and preferences shouldn't get in the way of the team's success

Still pursue him. It would be stupid to disqualify a recruit who could contribute to a team simply because they like a certain football team. It would be like rejecting a 5-star football recruit simply because he liked UGA basketball. I don't care what team he likes to watch in his free time. For all I care he can be a Russia soccer fan. If he's good enough to be a scholarship player, then your personal whims and preferences shouldn't get in the way of the team's success
You are, of course, correct, but damn, that would be a bitter pill to swallow.....LOL

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It takes a certain amount of intelligence to be a successful student at Tech. When a person gives you reason to doubt that they have such an amount, you take it seriously.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
Piss on 'em.
Here's a true story...So, today I am getting gas at the Flash Foods and notice an Animal Control truck a couple pumps over. I notice the tag on the front says "I'm a DAWG!" Well, it turns out to be the Dad of one of the boys on my son's high school baseball team from a few years back. We make casual conversation for a few minutes and I start to get back in my truck. The lady at the pump next to me has a GT sticker on her window and hollers "I'll be out of your way in just a minute!" Well, his response was "I figured being a Yellow Jacket it would take you a while!". Not an "Okay, thanks!" or "No problem, you're fine!" but that CRAP! He's a dog catcher for crying out loud!!! He smiled at me and drove off. So yeah, PISS ON 'EM!!

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Our catcher a couple years ago used to be a die hard UGA fan growing up, people can change. He and his family are now all huge Tech fans (I'm surprised he converted the family).

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Here's a true story...So, today I am getting gas at the Flash Foods and notice an Animal Control truck a couple pumps over. I notice the tag on the front says "I'm a DAWG!" Well, it turns out to be the Dad of one of the boys on my son's high school baseball team from a few years back. We make casual conversation for a few minutes and I start to get back in my truck. The lady at the pump next to me has a GT sticker on her window and hollers "I'll be out of your way in just a minute!" Well, his response was "I figured being a Yellow Jacket it would take you a while!". Not an "Okay, thanks!" or "No problem, you're fine!" but that CRAP! He's a dog catcher for crying out loud!!! He smiled at me and drove off. So yeah, PISS ON 'EM!!

He was probably right. GT alum take a little longer because we can afford to get more than $10 worth of gas.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would be done recruiting him or her. End of story. As athletes who are part of the TECH family, we support EACH OTHER. Do you remember seeing TECH football players at a women's softball game?