What whiskey are you drinking?

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I think I did a big recommendation by price point a couple of years ago. Although the prices have gone up on some of the choices, it should still be pretty good.

Standard sippers you can find on the shelf: Knob Creek 9, WT101

The best craft bourbons at a reasonable price are New Riff and Woodinville, and for a little more money for the extra malted barley, Old Elk.

forensicbuzz

I’m more a bourbon than a whiskey drinker but a trip to Ireland opened my eyes. Red Breast 10 year is really nice.
Not a fan of Redbreast 10, but every time my wife comes back from visiting family in Ireland, she picks up a bottle of Redbreast 15 from Duty Free. That is a beautiful pour. Too expensive here in the States.

forensicbuzz

I got gifted a bottle of Buffalo Trace. Smooth pour and you don't need to saw your leg off to buy a bottle.
If you can find it on the shelf. Depending on where you live in the US, you may never see it in the shelf.

Many people like BT. Personally, there are at least 5 or 6 equivalently priced bottles I’d drink before BT.

For those interested:

Knob Creek 9*
Elijah Craig
Wild Turkey 101*
Russell’s Reserve
Old Grandad 114
Maker’s 46
Bulleit
For Roses Small Batch
Early Times Botted-Bond*
New Riff
Old Forester Signature

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you can find it on the shelf. Depending on where you live in the US, you may never see it in the shelf.

Many people like BT. Personally, there are at least 5 or 6 equivalently priced bottles I’d drink before BT.

For those interested:

Knob Creek 9*
Elijah Craig
Wild Turkey 101*
Russell’s Reserve
Old Grandad 114
Maker’s 46
Bulleit
For Roses Small Batch
Early Times Botted-Bond*
New Riff
Old Forester Signature
Knob Creek is good but I personally like Buffalo Trace over all the others.