What whiskey are you drinking?

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I’ve mentioned before that James Henry is surprisingly good. It was $35 a bottle but I haven’t bought any in a long while since moving from the north Georgia mountains where it’s made.
J Henry & Sons is a Wisconsin distillery just north of Madison and many of the liquor stores here in Illinois go up and do barrel picks with them. Some of it is good and some of it is just alright. I've gone through their tour and they're learning.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
J Henry & Sons is a Wisconsin distillery just north of Madison and many of the liquor stores here in Illinois go up and do barrel picks with them. Some of it is good and some of it is just alright. I've gone through their tour and they're learning.
This is Moonrise Distillery in Clayton, Ga. It’s a local farm to bottle distillery. Started by former Tech chemistry professor.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
blanton's gold - but purchased at msrp - not crazy markups. ironically some real high end stuff can be found on the other side of the world at retail whereas it’s unobtainable here…

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven’t tried the Blue Note rye, but there is a version of their bourbon they bottle near 110 proof (maybe 107/108?) and it’s great. Maybe they call it “High note?”
I’m deviating from my last post because it’s not a cheap bottle. It’s a good bourbon though… if you’re wanting to throw $60 at a bottle, it’s a good one.
Edit… Blue Note Uncut https://shop.bluenotebourbon.com/products/uncut

You’re the second who has mentioned bourbons I like along with makers 46… I like my bourbon hot. Don’t dislike makers but it’s just awfully mild. What’s the distinction on the makers 46?
Cracked a bottle of Rittenhouse BIB Rye tonight, about $30. Really smooth with honey overtones. Might replace WT101 in my rotation.