What was your Muhammad Ali Moment?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That "shock the world!" jaw dropper in 2015? I thought it would be simple but doggone if there weren't so many of them last season. I finally settled on:

1. Thomas to Smelter, 4th and 15, VT. So many disappointments, so many failures in seven seasons, trying to get back in the game late. I had begun to doubt it would ever happen, and even after GSU, thought GT just can't do 4th and 15, and the two minutes at the end would be wasted minutes. Then ... Ali's crazed look popped up in my mind.

2. Harrison Butker, 53-yard kick to tie Georgia on last play in a miracle finish to regulation. With his season thus far I had begun to think of Butker as another placekicker who did not quite measure up in the spotlight. But this was the Miracle on Ice, and I did believe.

3. D.J. White, he of multiple entries but we can pick just one, hunting down James Conner and stripping the ball before the EZ for a touchback and a 14-point swing. It was one of five straight fumbles for Pitt, but to me the most memorable because to me it was to become a symbol of a whole new defensive "don't ever quit" attitude. He ran about 70 yards to prove it, sprinting past Jamal Golden to make the tackle, a surprise to me. This was Gibson's hobbling, two-strike shot off Eckersley in the WS against Oakland.

There are cases to be made for others, including one that was really dramatic ... but what say you?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That "shock the world!" jaw dropper in 2015? I thought it would be simple but doggone if there weren't so many of them last season. I finally settled on:

1. Thomas to Smelter, 4th and 15, VT. So many disappointments, so many failures in seven seasons, trying to get back in the game late. I had begun to doubt it would ever happen, and even after GSU, thought GT just can't do 4th and 15, and the two minutes at the end would be wasted minutes. Then ... Ali's crazed look popped up in my mind.

2. Harrison Butker, 53-yard kick to tie Georgia on last play in a miracle finish to regulation. With his season thus far I had begun to think of Butker as another placekicker who did not quite measure up in the spotlight. But this was the Miracle on Ice, and I did believe.

3. D.J. White, he of multiple entries but we can pick just one, hunting down James Conner and stripping the ball before the EZ for a touchback and a 14-point swing. It was one of five straight fumbles for Pitt, but to me the most memorable because to me it was to become a symbol of a whole new defensive "don't ever quit" attitude. He ran about 70 yards to prove it, sprinting past Jamal Golden to make the tackle, a surprise to me. This was Gibson's hobbling, two-strike shot off Eckersley in the WS against Oakland.

There are cases to be made for others, including one that was really dramatic ... but what say you?
Got to be Going with 2

But please includethe 20 yd called jt scramble left out of bounds.
So confused uga the called time out.

Plus change from miricale on ice after buttkicker kick to
JOE Frazier is down!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Tough choice, but for me it is the DJ White pick. Last year's team was really something to watch. The UGA game was our refuse to lose moment. There were so many things that happened in that game that we bounced back from. I am not sure I have witnessed a more gutsy performance than that one in a while.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The DJ pick was mine. I was swearing the previous 5 mins or more after we missed the XP. If you've been a GT fan more than a couple of years, how many times have we seen something like a missed XP being our achilles heel?

Last time I remember where we snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat in a meaningful game was the famous "Jaspar Thanks" play. I'm getting old, was the Goose recovery of the blocked FG before or after?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Either pick six against Clemmons. Golden's was a film study special. He was all over that, and once it was intercepted, he was all alone and could jog down the field. Milton's was a terrible pass by the QB, but that burst of speed to the sideline on the return was something special. People talk all the time about our fast players, but Milton is rarely mentioned. That dude was shot out of a cannon on that play. He is FAST too.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The first for me was DJ's interception vs Va Tech. When they had the ball with a few minutes remaining all I could think was "crap they have just enough time to move down the field against our less-than-stellar defense and win the game". Then I though "I wish for once we would get a turnover when we need it most" and then it happened. The GSU turnover was nice but we should have won that game and the history of close losses to Va Tech had me expecting the worst. After it I thought "Maybe we will shock some teams this year" and we did.