What to watch for in the Spring Game

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree. A week ago JT was the starter. No ifs ands or buts about it. Then TB lit up the 2nd string defense and now half the fan base thinks TB should be starting on August 30th. If JT kills it, everyone will be breaking their ankles jumping off the TB bandwagon and on JT's.

I really don't think there is a QB controversy. As of right now, JT has proven much more in real games than TB and PJ knows that. Everyone loves the underdog story and I think that's why people want to see the former walk-on beat out the former Alabama commit.

From what I read, TB went against the 1s and the 2's, so it wasn't just against the 2nd string defense that he outplayed Justin.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I don't really have a preference or opinion about JT/TB/et al but I can say with absolute certainty that I am very happy to see as many battles as there are for coveted spots on the depth chart.

Once the depth chart is somewhat settled, I will check the distribution of first and second string by class to see how it compares to the overall roster distribution by class. It would not surprise me to see that the distance between the average class of the depth chart and the average class of the roster (roster avg - depth chart avg) is increasing.