What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

• Keep him no matter what

Votes: 158 61.7%
  • Fire him no matter what

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • At least 8 wins

Votes: 64 25.0%
  • Beat uga

Votes: 20 7.8%

• Total voters

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
As weird as it sounds, starting off 5-0 may have made things worse for CPJ. Especially with Miami and VT being two of the wins. It got the fan base hyped up for a big season. If it crashes down and we end up 7-5, then im not sure he can survive it. For me personally, I would probably support him staying if he can get to 8 wins. It would be a shame to waste the schedule we have next year with a complete rebuilding year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I will be a bit surprised if this doesn't become a fire CPJ thread. But I will play along. Keep him.
Our problems during his era have been ST and def. STs seem to be pretty much corrected IMO. The D still sucks. Our O has been, and continues to be very good. No D in the country looks forward to seeing our O.
We have missed on some big recruits, we have lost a crazy number of Dlineman this year for various and frankly unexpected reasons. Our recruiting class this year is really solid on the D side this year. Major upgrade on that side IMO. So some of our struggles there seem to be trending up. We have an elite QB who makes our whole O elite IMO. I'd hate to throw that baby out with the bath water.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Paul will step down before he is fired.
I've heard others say that, but I'm calling BS on that one. I don't know that Paul has ever quit anything. And I also don't think he walks away from millions of dollars.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it has...for some reason people that want to keep CPJ get so defensive over this. Really don't understand...As I said I just want to see where our fans stand at.

If you're lumping me in "people that want to keep CPJ" I'm not sure why. I haven't offered an opinion either way.

But my comment was made based on my reflections of the community here at this point rather than any perceived opinion on CPJ's job security. I think we past the Eternal September at some point very early in the season. A post like this after a game like that is like throwing a piece of meat into a pack of starving dogs.

If the thread turns out differently than I'm more than happy to be wrong.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Sorry about the Jim Hart stuff, that's a low blow. I just thought it sounded funny. ;)

I really don't get why people get so defensive over just asking what it takes for them to want to keep CPJ here...It's like the only opinion that is allowed is to keep him. I haven't even said one thing about how I feel and people get all worked up. It's fine to have that thought but at least be able to discuss it like the one's that have certain expectations do.