What moment gave you confidence?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at FSU first drive I think we were playing them soft and vanilla seeing what they were doing before we decided how we were going to attack them defensively. I too thought when it was 8-7 it was going to be a shoot out. I expect when we have film on opponents during the season we may treat it a little differently.
I was never sure about the outcome until that last field goal cleared the goal post.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Honestly the preseason media, interviews, etc were so different this year I went INTO the game confident. I don't bet but I really wanted to on this game.

It wasn't just confidence in us. I felt the game set up terribly for FSU also. Part of that though was having to play us. I knew we'd come out physical and play with a lot of toughness.

Belgian Buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
When CBK talked about it being a business trip in the pre-game press conference. Also the night before the game when I saw FSU players wandering around the pubs in the Temple Bar district. They might have just been subs, but it shows the difference of mentality between the 2 teams.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at FSU first drive I think we were playing them soft and vanilla seeing what they were doing before we decided how we were going to attack them defensively. I too thought when it was 8-7 it was going to be a shoot out. I expect when we have film on opponents during the season we may treat it a little differently.
I was never sure about the outcome until that last field goal cleared the goal post.
I thought maybe fsu did some things we weren’t ready for in their first drive, but we quickly adjusted

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I felt pretty good going into this game. I sensed more than a little chaos and too much hype around the FSU program this off season, where I think our team is guided by a particularly focused and steady hand.

As the game settled into a slug-fest, when we had them 1st and goal inside the five and we ran three straight plays up the gut and pushed them into the end zone, I knew we were going to hang with them.