What moment gave you confidence?

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I gained confidence watching FSU going for it on their last drive. That told me FSU didn’t think they could stop us, their last chance to score.

We got the ball back with the perfect amount of time left to do one last killer drive to win. Terrific drive other than the one mishap play. I always loved the PJ death marches…nothing like steadily taking the ball down the field like that, killing the clock before the winning score. You know they can’t stop you, they know they can’t stop you…
Yeah, it was the sheer desperation from FSU at multiple points that did for me. They weren't playing to win, they were playing not to lose. They looked scared at multiple points.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I felt good weeks ago when the lines moved in the wrong direction of the handle.

I felt even better when I saw a promising young man fly with our team to offer assistance. I think his name is Nicholas Saban.

I felt the best when I traded my GT ticket for a stack of my favorite president - Mr. Benjamin Franklin.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The late fumble and loss of yards when we were driving for the winning FG. Next play H f-ing K throws a clutch pass to make up the yards and set up the winning FG.

That wasn’t a “confidence about the game” moment, but a “confidence in what we will be this season” moment.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
The late fumble and loss of yards when we were driving for the winning FG. Next play H f-ing K throws a clutch pass to make up the yards and set up the win mining FG.

That wasn’t a “confidence about the game” moment, but a “confidence in what we will be this season” moment.
Yeah, having the calm collected mindset to go "We don't need a 1st, we just need to hand it off to our kicker" is huge. Such a turnaround. Kicking used to be such a liability, and now our players and coaches trust each other so much that we don't have to be boom or bust.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'll need to find a screencap of it but it was 14-14 and HK ran a 20 yard read option to their 2 yard line at the end of the 3rd quarter. The quarter ended and they showed a FSU edge rusher on the field who clearly had just **** his pants. That was the confirmation I needed that they were scared and reality was setting in.

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 6.24.45 PM.png

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
When we came back from 14-0 in the bowl game last year (after doing the same against UNC), and knowing we were playing a team today loaded with talent that hadn’t played together yet. It’s hard to explain, but I told my wing man last week that we were going to win today, and I never felt like we were in trouble. “Noles will score first and strut around, but we will get up and hit em in the mouth.” I’m not a betting man, and I don’t make bold predictions, but I felt like we would get the W today, and I was never uncomfortable. Even after the bad play that took us out of FG range, I felt like we would make a play and get it done.

Today’s game just felt different. I can’t explain it. I almost walked away two years ago. I’ve been a fan for 50+ years now. Trying not to let it get to me like it used to. Loosening up a bit. Still love the Jackets.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
The open field Harvey tackle on 4th down. I was surprisingly calm after that when our defense was on the field, especially 3rd and long. Probably helped that the announcers talked at length how Santucci's defense is difficult for offenses on 3rd downs. Kind of brought me back to how I felt watching Tenuta's defenses. Going into this game I felt the Santucci hire could do for our defense what Faulkner did for our offense last year. After what we saw today against one of the top OL in the country, I'm even more confident that Key has put together one of the best coaching staffs in college football.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The open field Harvey tackle on 4th down. I was surprisingly calm after that when our defense was on the field, especially 3rd and long. Probably helped that the announcers talked at length how Santucci's defense is difficult for offenses on 3rd downs. Kind of brought me back to how I felt watching Tenuta's defenses. Going into this game I felt the Santucci hire could do for our defense what Faulkner did for our offense last year. After what we saw today against one of the top OL in the country, I'm even more confident that Key has put together one of the best coaching staffs in college football.
Well stated and I couldn’t agree more !