What is your favorite part of the gameday experience at BDS?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
On a similar note I've been trying to think of some themes for a preseason video that kind of can act as an advertisement for Tech as well. One theme I keep wanting to use is something along the lines of "Atlanta's Oasis"

The only problem is there is a strip club named Oasis in Atlanta.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
On a similar note I've been trying to think of some themes for a preseason video that kind of can act as an advertisement for Tech as well. One theme I keep wanting to use is something along the lines of "Atlanta's Oasis"

The only problem is there is a strip club named Oasis in Atlanta.

why do we fight it, be creative and integrate the strip club scene succinctly in the ad

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
When are we going to market, if you go to tech, you get a free apartment on campus, for 4-5 years if you are a SA, that is located in the heart of midtown where similar sized condos can go for 400-500k?

name another school that can do that with the club scene, restaurants, bars all in walking distance?

Then, have a awesome campus where you don't even know you are in the city. Unreal how pathetic our marketing is.

why do we shy away from the TRUE benefits of tech not academic related. We are so stale, boring as a school

Sorry, I totally hijacked this thread @Dottie1145 but its all part of the same idea of what is great about tech

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
When are we going to market, if you go to tech, you get a free apartment on campus, for 4-5 years if you are a SA, that is located in the heart of midtown where similar sized condos can go for 400-500k?

name another school that can do that with the club scene, restaurants, bars all in walking distance?

Then, have a awesome campus where you don't even know you are in the city. Unreal how pathetic our marketing is.

why do we shy away from the TRUE benefits of tech not academic related. We are so stale, boring as a school

Sorry, I totally hijacked this thread @Dottie1145 but its all part of the same idea of what is great about tech
Hijack all you want lol. I'm just looking for a reason to talk tech football.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Waking up to the sound of the Atlantic crashing on the beach, moving my tv to my second story patio overlooking said ocean while a Bob Marley version of Ramblin' Wreck plays in the background and an ice cold breakfast Margarita made from fresh squeezed lime juice, blue agave tequila, blue agave nectar and a touch of Grand Marnier sits at the ready.....

IS5qbczdmiw2bz0000000000.jpg

Oh wait, you said at BDS. Sorry.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Waking up to the sound of the Atlantic crashing on the beach, moving my tv to my second story patio overlooking said ocean while a Bob Marley version of Ramblin' Wreck plays in the background and an ice cold breakfast Margarita made from fresh squeezed lime juice, blue agave tequila, blue agave nectar and a touch of Grand Marnier sits at the ready.....

IS5qbczdmiw2bz0000000000.jpg

Oh wait, you said at BDS. Sorry.
Yet no invite?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Watching my kids High fiving the other season ticket holders around with every "first and ten, Georgia Tech".
No kids for me yet, but you can count on them getting started early. I want them to witness what tech is all about, and hopefully get them to bust their tails in the classroom to get to witness what tech has to offer firsthand.

As a sidewalk fan I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at BDS. It is a different environment than other stadiums. Their is a bit of class and overall friendliness at BDS that I hadn't seen at other stadiums. Excellent family experience in other words no obnoxious drunks or at least we didn't experience any. We are planning a game day trip again this season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

I forgive u for your frustration causing u to ever think that MARKETING and Ga Tech Engineering will be used in a complimentary manner in a sentence

We are engineers who believe if we stay at our desk we will get what we deserve IN THE END. (The only solution marketing is to hire the gt guy that partied his way through the business school and barely graduated. He is probably head of marketing at compny in ATL.)

BACK TO THREAD
One cool thing most folks don't know about happens during the pre warm ups. After a varsity stop and player walk up, we rush to our seats behind gt bench to wait for coach johnson to come get a pregame tv interview. During walk up he is poker faced and very serious. While waiting for interviewer, he goes out of his way to visit and cut up w the folks working on the sidelines. You can see he genuinely enjoys being w them and and is totally at ease during this time before the game/battle. He exudes confidence.
Now that I know how to post pics I will put some up during the game.