What is the play called to the Aback

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For those of you who miss it... I posted a video of the play on page one... this is not the same play as on page two above...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Deon Hill occupies two defenders and does not touch them. I like plays like this one because the defense continues to play out their option assignments. Two defenders turn their backs to the play after the handoff.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Deon Hill occupies two defenders and does not touch them. I like plays like this one because the defense continues to play out their option assignments. Two defenders turn their backs to the play after the handoff.
This offense is fun to watch in slo mo no doubt.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
The play from the VT game is just an aback dive. It's big on big blocking, with no one pulling or leading up on the LBers. Think CPJ was just trying to catch the LBers running out to quickly to chase the Bback. Supposed to resemble a speed/double option. Not a play you can run much because you don't have everyone in the front seven accounted for.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The play from the VT game is just an aback dive. It's big on big blocking, with no one pulling or leading up on the LBers. .....
This is true. Looks like straight blocking with no one pulling.

Now...if we could get the name right, it would be good.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@Yoda I feel this play is to setup a JT end around later in the year.

This is not the A Back counter. That play has two pulling OL.

I am naming it the A Back Dive. I saw it twice last year with Godhigh.

Seems like Justin needs to hesitate a little before turning towards the Aback. The MLB was not fooled one little bit.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dressedcheeseside The only person that can stop JT is the blitzing corner. I would do a JT end around and have the WR look for a quick pass if the CB blitzes. I son't think a safety, who is taking one false step, will beat JT to the outside.

I would also look for some sort of reverse or counter off the 2 aback blocking speed option play. VT was biting hard in the direction of the motion of the A back on that play.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@dressedcheeseside The only person that can stop JT is the blitzing corner. I would do a JT end around and have the WR look for a quick pass if the CB blitzes. I son't think a safety, who is taking one false step, will beat JT to the outside.

I would also look for some sort of reverse or counter off the 2 aback blocking speed option play. VT was biting hard in the direction of the motion of the A back on that play.
Imo, the guy on the outside held his ground. Then when he saw the handoff, he took off.