What is the play called to the Aback

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
When JT handed it directly to the Aback between the tackles? I was deep into the bl's so forgive me if I'm misremembering things. Think it was Zenon or Hill that took the handoff up the middle for a decent gain and maybe a first down. Thought that was a great play and looked like what Army ran a lot while Ellerson was there. No motion and caught them off gaurd.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't know what it's called, but we 1st ran it 3 years ago against UGA, and we'd give it to Roddy. It worked great the 1st few times, but then they caught on. I know we've used it a few other times, but not too often. I'm glad it's still in our arsenal.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
When JT handed it directly to the Aback between the tackles? I was deep into the bl's so forgive me if I'm misremembering things. Think it was Zenon or Hill that took the handoff up the middle for a decent gain and maybe a first down. Thought that was a great play and looked like what Army ran a lot while Ellerson was there. No motion and caught them off gaurd.

Zenon, trap. But I do not know what the play call is.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a trap. I think the B-Back trap blocks the tackle (or maybe even the guard, but I suspect the tackle) and the OL gets to the 2nd level

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The playbook I've seen has two plays which show an A-Back getting the ball up through the line of scrimmage. The first is called 30/31 Iso which is a quick hitting play where the backside A-back reads the block and hits the most inside gap, iiuc. The second is the 32/33 Counter Iso where the playside A-back runs behind the QB takes the hand off and then squares up to hit the A-gap or B-gap.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@Yoda I feel this play is to setup a JT end around later in the year.

This is not the A Back counter. That play has two pulling OL.

I am naming it the A Back Dive. I saw it twice last year with Godhigh.