What is the North Carolina. Game uniform

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I wasn’t sure at first. Now I think they look awesome.

Will look even better with a productive offense. So here’s to James Graham getting the ball rolling

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Field looks beautiful
20191004_113922.jpg

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn!
Is this how low our program has fallen?
We are now a fashion show?
No discussion about X's and O's, no discussion about Jimmies and Joes?
Uniforms???
Damn!!

I hear your frustration and echo it to an extent. It's fun to talk about uniforms but only when your playing well and winning. It does seem sometimes that the football staff cares more about stuff like uniforms than X's and O's. I just want to hear a press conference where coach talks more about X's and O's instead of how much juice, effort or whatever catch phrase we have. He says that elite programs have juice crews and that their vital to on the field success, but I have yet to see an elite program have one. I see elite programs disciplined and focused. Catch phrases were great before the season but after 4 games and no real progression you're beating a dead horse.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Damn!
Is this how low our program has fallen?
We are now a fashion show?
No discussion about X's and O's, no discussion about Jimmies and Joes?
Uniforms???
Damn!!
Poor optics and marketing by the school is a big part of why we are what we are as a program. Because of recruiting and money it’s part of the game now. Get used to it. As an athletics program we are behind

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I hear your frustration and echo it to an extent. It's fun to talk about uniforms but only when your playing well and winning. It does seem sometimes that the football staff cares more about stuff like uniforms than X's and O's. I just want to hear a press conference where coach talks more about X's and O's instead of how much juice, effort or whatever catch phrase we have. He says that elite programs have juice crews and that their vital to on the field success, but I have yet to see an elite program have one. I see elite programs disciplined and focused. Catch phrases were great before the season but after 4 games and no real progression you're beating a dead horse.

The players and recruits LOVE the different uniform combinations. It's about today's marketing and the recruits we are connecting with. You would make a terrible recruiting coordinator. And, I got out in 76.

The players and recruits LOVE the different uniform combinations. It's about today's marketing and the recruits we are connecting with. You would make a terrible recruiting coordinator. And, I got out in 76.
That's the excuse that some always use. How do we know as a fact that they like the different combinations? Hell, with the tastes kids have today, they would probably like anything different, but that doesn't mean they are good. Besides, they are recruited to come play for Georgia Tech .... PERIOD. What they think about tangential issues should in no way affect their performance on the field, and if it does, then they shouldn't be playing. In most places tradition trumps "new and different" every time. It should at Tech also.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Poor optics and marketing by the school is a big part of why we are what we are as a program. Because of recruiting and money it’s part of the game now. Get used to it. As an athletics program we are behind

Weirdest thing about your post is the fact that @Supersizethatorder-mutt gave you a 'like'. :D

Supers, you finally accepting that this kinda stuff is to be expected nowadays? Or did you misread the post?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Weirdest thing about your post is the fact that @Supersizethatorder-mutt gave you a 'like'. :D

Supers, you finally accepting that this kinda stuff is to be expected nowadays? Or did you misread the post?
In his defense you can market traditional stuff too. We just sucked at any kind of it. You have to be good at Xs and Os but you also have to put butts in seats, eyes on tv, and bring players to the school. If no one knows you exist you’re going to have a bad time. You can think the unis are ugly but also acknowledge that it gets us publicity which we sorely need

Supersize would probably be a fan of doing some throwback nights occasionally. Penn State is doing it this week

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In his defense you can market traditional stuff too. We just sucked at any kind of it. You have to be good at Xs and Os but you also have to put butts in seats, eyes on tv, and bring players to the school. If no one knows you exist you’re going to have a bad time. You can think the unis are ugly but also acknowledge that it gets us publicity which we sorely need

Supersize would probably be a fan of doing some throwback nights occasionally. Penn State is doing it this week

Agreed. GT has handled marketing the brand as effectively as a no-thumb hitchhiker. What we're currently doing is light-years ahead of where we've been.

And how does PennSt have "throwback" nights?

- Serious question considering their uniforms are already basically thrown back. I started to take that down a totally different, probably ban-worthy, path but chose not to.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow

That's the excuse that some always use. How do we know as a fact that they like the different combinations? Hell, with the tastes kids have today, they would probably like anything different, but that doesn't mean they are good. Besides, they are recruited to come play for Georgia Tech .... PERIOD. What they think about tangential issues should in no way affect their performance on the field, and if it does, then they shouldn't be playing. In most places tradition trumps "new and different" every time. It should at Tech also.

Amen. Yes kids like uniforms and stuff but its not the hook line and sinker that most people think it is in recruiting. Name one recruit who said they chose a certain school based off their uniform. Yes uniforms can be a plus to a recruit but there's a lot of other things that effect recruiting WAY more than uniforms that we as fans don't see. Coaching iterations and relationships, the ability to play and compete, the ability to improve, the ability to make it to the NFL, the ability to WIN, living accommodations, campus life, campus environment, student body, facilities, fitness and nutrition, etc. Things that make any student choose any school.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. GT has handled marketing the brand as effectively as a no-thumb hitchhiker. What we're currently doing is light-years ahead of where we've been.

And how does PennSt have "throwback" nights?

- Serious question considering their uniforms are already basically thrown back. I started to take that down a totally different, probably ban-worthy, path but chose not to.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGZOL5JVYAArwjm.jpg
Guess it’s not your standard throwback. They’re advertising as a “traditional blend”

Not sure what you are talking about. I have always been down on Tech's marketing (or lack thereof).

Other than throwbacks to 1990 or the Black Watch, virtually all throwbacks would be G/W/G, and we already wear G/W/G to some extent. Dodd used that combo the vast majority of the time. So what exactly do you have in mind?