What if this happens...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
8 wins with uga would be acceptable. Would hopefully also give plenty of experience to our backup qbs to build off of for next year. How many starters are we losing? JT, Freddy, ?

I want to see improvement on the way to these 8 wins and then a better record next year.

Are you kidding!!!?
If we get 8 wins and beat UGA in athens, I say give the guy a bonus.!
I was at tech 4 years and we lost every time.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Are you kidding!!!?
If we get 8 wins and beat UGA in athens, I say give the guy a bonus.!
I was at tech 4 years and we lost every time.
I meant it more as I wouldn't have anything to be upset about with an 8 win season this year as it stands. I'm not saying fire Paul if we got 7-5 if that's what you took that as. But I do think with the amount of players we are keeping we should be in position to improve in 2017 and 8 wins would be a solid benchmark to move from.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
SHOULD beat Pitt away? really?

Pitt has a sr QB and an experienced OL. They are tough. Probably should have beat Okie St and Carolina on the road.

Can we beat 'em? Absolutely if we keep getting better and working hard. Gonna be tough though.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
I would gladly take 8-4 with a win over the mutts. However, even when we are the better team we usually lose to them - we always find a way to lose. And I am sick and tired of losing to those hillbillies from VPI. I always hate to lose to dook and the UNCheaters.
So 8-4 in your scenario is acceptable but not likely. 8-4 and a sweep of UNC and dook wouldn't piss me off either. That would have us losing to Pitt.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think the OP is wildly optimistic and that 6-6 is the best I can foresee. I fear (and honestly expect) that we will drop one of the games we ought to win and finish at 5-7 and out of the bowls another year (not that the bowl of a 6-6 team is anything to get excited about...)

I guess they are called fanatics because blind faith exceeds realistic evaluations.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think the OP is wildly optimistic and that 6-6 is the best I can foresee. I fear (and honestly expect) that we will drop one of the games we ought to win and finish at 5-7 and out of the bowls another year (not that the bowl of a 6-6 team is anything to get excited about...)

I guess they are called fanatics because blind faith exceeds realistic evaluations.
I hope u are wrong because 5-7 is really 3-7 when u drop the "coach saver games". We won 1 last year do adding 2 would mean we are still in a fight for the bottom.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck

Would you mind providing your evaluations on which games you anticipate us losing and the why behind that decision? Just curious.

I see 7 games that are all as winnable as they are losable. So we may be 3-9 in 2 months. Or just as likely, be 10-2.

I'm not sure how after 5 games you are sure that our season is doomed? We beat 3 bad teams, lost to 1 really good team, and beat ourselves against an above average to good team. Clean up the mistakes and i still see a salvagable 8 win season.

I hope u are wrong because 5-7 is really 3-7 when u drop the "coach saver games". We won 1 last year do adding 2 would mean we are still in a fight for the bottom.
What are the two "coach saver" games? I hope you don't consider Ga Southern to be one of those, because they gave us fits 2 years ago and should have beat Georgia last year. They ARE FBS now, you know. Mercer is our only "coach saver" game.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
Hell Tech could go 10-2 and it would be unacceptable to some "fans". 8-4 with a win over the dwags and add a bowl win would be a good season, not great but good.
It's a little nitpicky, but again the ability to manage expectations. so...

Since 1983(1st year in ACC), 32 years.
number of times 8 wins or more- 12, 38%
bowl win-10, 32%
both-7, 22%
beat dogs? 9, 28%
8 wins, bowl win, beat UGA? 4 times 12%
so Probably a great season to do all three right? I mean at least top 6 in last 32 years

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yes dude. If pitt has passed us as a program, and duke we are in a bad spot. Sorry man its just true.

I agree. I said 9-3 and the schedule is going as realistically thought. Pitt may have a Sr QB and experienced Oline but there is no Tyler Boyd. I expect us to load up the box and force WR to a make play (sounds familiar). Only team that gives me trepidation is UNC bc I'm not sure we have the margin of error to be in a shootout with out any one

Jmonty71

Banned
Personally, I think a 6-7 win season is about it. I don't see us beating many teams with talent that matches are is above ours. Our defense, cannot make stops. The offense can't get it rolling. The combination will cause many loses. If they come out and play bad against GA. Southern, Duke, UVA and UGA, you can kiss those hopes of W's goodbye. Right now, either CPJ doesn't have the right players in place or every team in the conference is about caught on to what we do. Our hope is to play a team with an offense worse than ours. Again... Don't rely on the defense. Roof's system is too outdated to stop any team with a modern scheme.